Barrister & Mann

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by DentonMajik, Jun 8, 2017.

1. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

I love B &M soaps but does anyone else think that 42 and Adagio smell the same?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I get a strong cherry limeade from Adagio, and more lemon from 42

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

3. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

What is "b & m soap"? ;)

4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Bondage & ...nevermind. :p

5. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

I have a trip planned for Pasteur's where I hope to smell Adagio. I do have 42 and in the tub it smells like lemon tea to me if I am trying to be extremely simple. Tomorrow will be its first lather. For me, some of B&M soaps change when lathered so I'll let you know.

They list the scent of Adagio as
    42 's scent is listed as

6. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Adagio and Le Grand Chypres have been released!!!

Hodge and Straight razor dandy like this.
  7. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

I tried 42 this morning and this is what I got. I Love B&M and 42 is an awesome scent!! Today's lather was wonderfully thick, sick and just beautiful. The smell is is listed as petunias, ambergris, tea and Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster(lemon sugar). To me, I got hit with a medium to strong scent starting with a tea scent with lemon(no bitterness) and a touch of sweetness. The tea scent was reminiscent, to me, of Camomile and possibly a touch of orange pekoe. The scent finished with a warm floral that must be the petunias and ambergris. This was deliciously citrus and great. I found it light in body and makes an excellent spring and summer scent. To me, it is perfect to use anytime :)!

Tdmsu and Straight razor dandy like this.
  8. Straight razor dandy

Screenshot_20170609-111312.png

Here's my order! Yeah!

Hodge and Tdmsu like this.
  9. Micho-Mike

Micho-Mike Member

Nice! Will you be posting a review of the LGC bundle? I read the description, and it would be a blind buy. I wanted to get someone's take on it, especially the EDT and its longevity on skin/clothes once sprayed.

10. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

I love the performance of barrister and mann but i dont like their scents.

IMO its like they try too hard to be different.

11. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

I just tried their Reserve Cool soap and it might be more to your liking. As for performance, it felt lighter like a vegan soap but extremely slick. Still a good dense soap though. Post shave feel on un pre-prepped or post prepped skin felt as good as the side of my face with pre shave oil and AOS post shave balm. I think there will be a big following with this new line. I will say I do not love the name Cool since I was expecting some menthol but there isn't any. this is its only fault which is minor all things considered.

Yehuda D and Tdmsu like this.
  12. theFAT98

I have 2 barrister and mann soaps and think they perform great. Just dont get much use because of scent.

Its weird because im a fragrance guy. Have like 40 different colognes and love all types of scents but barrister and mann adds way to many different scents together and to me they become muddy. If that makes sense.

They go very heavy on musks.

13. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

I can understand that. I will still say that I have a feeling you will like Reserve Cool... for that reason - it is not as complex, at least to my nose.

14. theFAT98

Thanks. I might give it a try. I saw they had like 3 new scents.

15. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Grab the sample pack. Enough in each to determine if you like them. So far, I would put Cool right up there with Seville and Limon.

Oh that is another line to try, Latha line. They too are not as complex and I found they lack nothing.

16. theFAT98

I have lavanda. It is pretty good.

17. Straight razor dandy

I like Barrister and Mann Specifically because of the unique/complex scents.
    The latha line is excellent as well but has simpler scents