Bay Rum recommendations

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by tommyboy923, Mar 25, 2013.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I have a Krampert's Bay Rum soap and aftershave on the way here. I've heard awesome reports about them.

2. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

I really like ogallala bay rums
    Vanilla
    Lime peppercorn
    Sage & cedar
    Sandalwood

I also like the one I make myself.

Joef likes this.
  3. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Of the one's I have been blessed to try, I would rank them in this order
    1) Ogallala
    2) Captains Choice
    3) Master (Huge bottle and cheap)
    4A) Superior 70 (Light..has kinda of a "plastic" smell to it)
    4B) Suavacito. Not bad by any measure....just not very "authentic" smelling to me for some reason

Paul Turner and Joef like this.
  4. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

Yup. Simply decanted from a new plastic bottle into the old glass bottle, it holds around 8 fl oz.

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

ah ok

6. Dtram

Dtram Member

I'm another Honeybee Gardens Bay Rum fan. I've received many compliments on it. Several buddies at work have asked me to hook them up with some. However, when I splashed on Ogalala's Bay Rum clove bomb, boy did I get a jolt from the cinnamon and clove...so strong I thought I was having an allergic reaction or something! And the jabs I took at work...jesh, I couldn't wait for it to wear off. They described it with words like 'potpouri' 'febreze' 'incense' 'who's burning a candle?'. Not manly to say the least. Just my experience.

7. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

I just ordered some of the Clubman VIBR and can't wait to try it out. I had some of the Master's brand bay rum, but didn't like it when I purchased it a few years ago. I ended up giving it to my dad, but recently when I go to see him I take a sniff from the bottle and I am starting to like it.

I hope the Clubman's Virgin Island Bay Rum is as good as I have heard!

8. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

The one and only Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum, "Refreshing as an Island Breeze". 'Nuff said, no matter what you may hear to the contrary!

9. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

Tried the Clubman VIBR last night and I really enjoyed it. Has a great scent to it. It actually reminds me of Afta Pre Shave electric shave gel. Almost exactly the same after the dry down IMHO. Glad I bought it.

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

never tried a Bay Rum soap before.....I will look into it in 2019. Course we all know my plan for 2018. :).

11. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

Captain's Co9T for me.