Bay rum ?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by samuellinn, Jan 13, 2017.

1. samuellinn

samuellinn Member

Im looking for a bay rum shave soap which is the best one ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

That is very subjective and I don't believe there is an answer to your question. I like Captain's Choice Bay Rum in the new line of creams. It has a fairly strong scent. However, others may find it a bit too strong. I recommend getting a few samples from the recommendations you get so you can decide which you like best.

Sent via mobile - Chris

Demidog, Tdmsu and DesertTime like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yup.

4. samuellinn

samuellinn Member

Im looking for something tallow based also i saw captains choice and i also saw that razorock teamed up with captains choice and made a bay rum scented razorock soap i might just get it

lightcs1776 likes this.
  5. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

As bay rum is a popular scent among wet shavers, most artisans have it in their line-up. As mentioned above, start collecting samples to see which is best for you.

Paul Turner likes this.
  6. samuellinn

samuellinn Member

Might sound stupid but where do you get samples from ?

7. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

I like my Stirling bay rum soap. Although I do not reach for it often as once I go bay rum, it is a lifestyle for the day. I always follow it up with Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum splash on and then leave the house feeling like I should be wearing a tricorn hat. If you are located in the US, feel free to PM me your address & I'll send you a sample. I'll never use the whole container.

Robyflexx and Demidog like this.
  8. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

If you go onto the vendor's web site -- Stirling for example -- they'll sell small sample pucks, usually around an ounce of soap.

9. samuellinn

samuellinn Member

Haha wearing a tricorn hat id like to see that one thanks for the offer ill send you an address thank you very much id love to test some out

10. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

TSD store has many samples. As do many vendors directly-Stirling, Route 66etc. Fendrihans has multiple samplers from the major English brands- Taylors, Harris, Thumpers etc.

11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I had Stephan's once...it's very nice.

12. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

The Stirling bay rum soap is very nice. I've been using it every day since October and I just don't get tired of it.

Paul Turner and Robyflexx like this.
  13. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

These are the three Bay Rums that I use. Bay Rum is one of the traditional scents but there is a lot of variation. Of these three Captain's Choice is the strongest. All different but all good. I know Captain's Choice and Stirling will sell small samples - not sure about B&M.
    Bay Rum.jpg

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  14. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  15. samuellinn

samuellinn Member

Ill order a few to see wich ones i like thank yall for the input

16. TCBENNETT55

TCBENNETT55 Active Member

Green Mountain is a strong and not over powering. Lather is luxurious.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk