BBS or DFS

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by cournot, Sep 9, 2014.

1. cournot

cournot Member

You know what's funny? This morning I was in a bit of a hurry, so I stopped without trying to go for BBS. It was a clean shave, but I knew that I'd get visible 5 o'clock shadow. Then I thought, Great! This way I'll get to shave tonight also. Ha ha!

As I mentioned before, it's not clear I'm getting better shaves than I was with cartridges, but it is a lot more fun.

2. JPJ

JPJ Active Member

Yeah it's getting addictive here too ... Different facial hair styles... Changing it up to get more shave time ... I'm going to be like that Seinfeld episode soon ... Smooth chested :)

3. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Wait till the ADs kick in :signs136:

Pow0622 and Herm2502 like this.
  4. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

5. cournot

cournot Member

The ADs are already kicking in! Got a user Slim Adjustable for a good price and tried it out today. Wow! First set on 4 to mow down the sides, then dialed down to 3, and then 2 for the chin and upper lip, with Rapira Swedish Supersteel. Clean, quick, and nick free. Seemed much smoother than the shave with the exact same blade in a 40s SS. And this was without a prior shower! Just warm water. Witch hazel and even a cotton ball with alcohol produced no sting and a cleaner shave than I ever achieved with a cartridge. It did take quite a bit of time and prep (including shave oil) but can't argue with the outcome! Now, what blade shall I try next?...

BigMark likes this.
  6. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I suggest Astra Super Platinum. But, blades are a very personal preference.

7. J_Man

J_Man right on the Mass border

I've really come to like the Gillette 7 o'clock sharp edge. Great blade that's very sharp, yet smooth

8. cournot

cournot Member

Tried the Astra SP and liked it enough to order a few more so that I can use it for 2 weeks straight. But I'm also finding that I have been able to get a decent shave with almost all I've tried. I never keep a blade for more than 3 shaves though. I want to try enough that I can make a decision as to which ones to order a 100 of.

9. Shriike

Shriike New Member

I've gotten a BBS for the first time with my de, but I'm perfectly happy with a dfs also