BBS!!!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by ehehat, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ehehat

ehehat Active Member

So as I have established, I've been DE shaving for a little over a month. In that time I've had DFS and (what I thought was) BBS a couple times. I have 4 razors (a 1927-28 old style, a 30's New, a '63 Slim Adj, and my dads '53 SS), I've tried a couple different soaps/creams, 3 types of blades and just really struggled to get consistent results but this morning I think I've found my shaving Nirvana! This morning I used my dad's '53, Astra SP blades, & AOS cream in my AOS pure badger brush. The SS is so much more aggressive than the Slim set at "4" so I was very conscious of angle and pressure but when I was done I had the BEST shave of my life! every inch of my face and neck, truly BBS. I kept reading that this would come as technique improved and I'm sure I'll have some regression but MAN, what a shave this morning!! I can't stop rubbing my face, What's wrong with me!?!?

2. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Faceterbation... It happens haha

Anyways hope you can get some more BBS but don't try and get it every shave. Aim for DFS and if you get BBS it is amazing. I know that many people me included if i aim for BBS all the time i get irritation and weepers...

Congrats and keep at it.

3. ehehat

ehehat Active Member

Faceterbation :happy097

that's some good advice and I will surely take it, Thanks

4. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Haha yessir Faceterbation. I do it mostly in the winter when i use Arko aftershave cream... that stuff makes my face feel soooo smooth. But it is too thick and oily for the summer months.

The best is when your better half starts rubbing your face ahah.

5. ehehat

ehehat Active Member

Who would have thought that my shaving life could help effect my :sexe life!

6. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Congrats on the accomplishment. Is the razor in question a red tip?

7. ehehat

ehehat Active Member

No, it's a 40's style SS from 1953.

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Nice! :happy088:happy088 They only get better.

Love the Astras.

9. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Faceturbation............................yeah, I do it. Everyone does it. :happy102

It's unavoidable, when you get that BBS shave. When I'm driving to work and I'm rubbing my face, I feel like everyone is looking at me and thinking I'm some kind of freak.

10. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Those are some great tools your using and it's great to hear you're getting great shaves.

Also, after a good shave you're looking good and smelling good - of course the wife will like it!

11. dilly-b

dilly-b Member

It's awesome when everything just clicks and you get that perfect result - most times though it is better to choose a bit of invisible stubble over visible irritation:happy102

12. NoahG

NoahG Member

I've been known to faceterbate before, but when I get a really great shave it leads to mutual faceterbation, where I can't help but to rub my face on my girlfriend's cheek so she can feel how smooth I am. Those Astra SPs work great for me too.

13. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Yeah man...the other night, 12 hours after my shave, my wife rubbed my jaw-line and said "whoa, did you just shave ?"....And it did feel sooo smooth. And come to think of it, that was from my '52 SS...These little whisker wackers captured the faces of a generation, and I can see why...:) At the time I thought, this is just not right for a shave to be this smooth and last this long...:)

Congratulations....and as everyone says, "it will only get better"...And when you said , you were very conscious of your angle and pressure....and it looks like you put together a good prep....You did your part and earned that great shave...Congrats on a job well done...;)

14. NoahG

NoahG Member

Regan better watch out for the Custom Title Fairy now :)

15. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

I know what you mean it is a great feeling congrats.

16. ehehat

ehehat Active Member

I think (as has been mentioned before) I'll need to be really careful not to force this to happen again. The last thing I want to do is follow my best shave ever with my worst!:eek: