Best Quality Plant-Based Shave Soap (Unscented)

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Tim Spencer, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Hey all,

What would your pick be for the best quality shave soap that uses all plant ingredients? I'm trying to find an unscented soap to use for those days when I want to use a cologne that doesn't have a matching/compatible scented shave soap. I typically match my shave soap to my cologne or have a compatible scent profile that won't clash with my cologne pick of the day.

So, remember to give me your "out of 10" score for the 'protection', 'slickness', lather, post shave feel, or any other attribute I might not be aware of.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Kiss My Face is a great shave cream. I give it a solid 9 out of 10. Of course, YMMV but I have gotten very slick, comfortable shaves and face feel afterwards has been great as well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

MoAllen and wristwatchb like this.
  3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    It's not a soap. ^^^
    ...But I would have to agree. Kiss my Face Unscented shaving cream is all natural, and plant based.

10 Slickness (it is THE slickest shaving cream/soap product out there. If you want slicker, you'll have to switch to shaving oil)
    10 Protection (no nicks, and seldom get razorburn)
    9 Lather (have to dock it a point because it doesn't create a thick fluffy mound, but more of a dense meringue like lather)
    10 Post shave feel (only shaving product that I use that makes me sometimes forget to put on aftershave)

As for the OP's original question, maybe TSD unscented soap? @Queen of Blades

MoAllen and SharptoothC like this.
  4. SharptoothC

Nope, but it can be lathered with a brush and it meets all of the requirements in spades. It's great stuff.

5. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Oh I agree. There's a reason my fiancee and I have seven bottles of the stuff in the house. :)

SharptoothC likes this.
  6. SharptoothC

I aspire to such greatness!

7. Tim Spencer

8. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
  9. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

PickledNorthern and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

PickledNorthern and Linuxguile like this.
  11. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I will echo the KMF crowd, even though it is a pump bottle cream.

I never tried the TSD unscented, but the soap base is the same and they perform well and support the forum.

12. SharptoothC

13. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

What they said....

RaZorBurn123 and Robyflexx like this.
  14. Tim Spencer

So, there is a 3-3 tie. More people need to be in this discussion.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  15. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Just go down to your local Natural Grocer or Whole Foods and pick up a bottle of the KmF. You won't regret it.

16. PickledNorthern

Dude, you don't get to break your own tie.

Paul Turner likes this.
  17. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Lol. He should probably order the soap commander as well, but KmF can usually be found locally, and that's reason enough to buy it. :p

PickledNorthern likes this.
  18. PickledNorthern

Based off of your recommendation I suggested it to my wife, and she pretty much hasn't used anything else since.

I keep meaning to steal it one of these days and try it. I have never heard a negative comment about it.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  19. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    My fiancee tried it on my recommendation too. Unlike your wife, she has flat out refused to try anything else. She also converted her mother and sister to using it.

It seems most shaving products, when used on the legs, require the use of moisturizers afterwards, and KmF doesn't. Probably why they use the words "moisture shave" on their product.

PickledNorthern and SharptoothC like this.
  20. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I believe Mama Bears makes an unscented soap, which I have yet to try. I have tried one of her scented soaps and it performed great. For performance, I would have to give it a 9. Unfortunately, I had a reaction to one of its ingredients, but that likely would not be an issue with the unscented.

Linuxguile likes this.