Best Quality Plant-Based Shave Soap (Unscented)

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Tim Spencer, Jan 30, 2017.

1. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Thanks for the recommendations on the unscented Kiss My Fa cream. I picked up a tube at a local natural foods store and used it today. Excellent cream. There aren't many unscented creams: I have TOBS natural unscented, which is very good, and TSD unscented wheat cream, which I also like. The TSD is pretty stiff for a cream, it is really a very soft soap.

2. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Okay. I've got the Kiss My Face shave cream from Amazon. I can pair it with my white shave kit because it's very easy to find unscented products in white colors, so it will mate best with that theme. I want to test out TSD soap too, but will want TSD to provide a label that I can stick on a white container, or they have a white container that would work too. I always try multiple products in all my setups.

Wait, wait, scratch that. I just found an alternative set of possibilities to make an unscented setup for the black shave kit. Hmm. Is TSD's shave soap vegan?

3. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

I tried contacting the shave den but never received a reply about trying to obtain one of their silver shave den labels for a black apothecary bottle I am thinking about buying. I could use shave den shave-soap and unscented witch hazel as aftershave and pair it with my black shave kit. I have the Kiss My Face stuff and it's good, but need to obtain witch hazel and it would likely pair with my white shave kit. I will be able to do a head-to-head comparison of the products and decide which one will be my permanent go-to daily driver stuff.

I tried Kiss My Face already and it lathers up decently on a face lather with a brush and it's a good baseline shave soap. If I use a lather bowl I bet I can get a slightly better result. I compare products usually before deciding on what to use long-term with my shave kits.