Best soap/cream with lavander scent

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Teiste, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Teiste

Teiste New Member

September is coming and for some reason I associate it with lavander(dont ask me why).I would like to know whats your fav. soap/cream with lavander scent and how performs(the soap/cream could smell like heaven but perform like dish washing soap...)Thanks!

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

T, for me, the best lavender scent in a soap is from our JoAnna's TSD Lavender-Soap. Great lather and skincare as well. ;) For a cream, Arko Extra Sensitive has a lovely lavender scent, but it is very mild. Still, for sensitive skin, it's terrific.

3. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Jeff beat me to it...the Arko sensitive with Lavender is a great cream and works wonderfully. I also like Kiss My Face Lavender. Did I send a sample of that one to you, T?

4. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Yes Eric you sent a sample to me but I thought that the "L" that you wrote was for Lime instead of lavander.I dont associate that scent with lavander but it could be something wrong with my nose...
    Thanks for the recommendations.As Jeff pointed Im sure that JoAnna makes a good lavander soap/cream too.:D

5. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

There’s only one Lavender soap for me; the one-and-only D.R. Harris Lavender shave soap. The scent is very mild and subtle but man; the lather is heaven to shave with.

6. Truckman

Truckman New Member

The best?

Haha....probably Lavanda.... ;)

(don't ask me, I'm not a lavender fan...:rolleyes:)

Isn't Pre de Provence lavender? Or is that a blend?

7. Teiste

Teiste New Member

I think is a blend,doesnt smells like lavander to me.And yes,you are right,Lavanda by AC Brito is possibily the best one but discontinued....:mad::mad::mad:

8. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Lavanda is my personal favorite cream but of course it isnt true lavender. AOS cream is very nice but their soap is horrid(scented). TOBS and T&H creams are not lavender scented...they are......who the hell knows. T&H soap smells very nice for lavender but performs horrible. D.R. Harris lavender....bad experience and didnt smell remotely close to lavender. Salters also.....who knows. Arko is nice but doesnt work for me. QED soap smells like balls to wall lavender but burns like no tomorrow b/c of intense EO levels.

I would say stick to creams...Lavanda and AOS. One obsolete and one expensive. Of course the TSD and mama bears would also be very nice and TRUE lavender.

9. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

Czeck and Speake do a nice soap that has a lovely lavender note.

10. freddy88

freddy88 Member

Hi Teiste,

I haven't tried lavender yet so this thread is really interesting. I was hoping to get Lavanda until Leon explained that it was no longer in production. :mad: Does Taylors of Old Bond Street make a lavender scent? What about Geo. F. Trumper? I have Trumper's rose and I really like that so maybe I should look into TOBS or Trumper. I'm thinking more cream than soap.

Of course, I already have enough creams and soaps to last for years but, hey, why should that stop me? :happy102

11. freddy88

freddy88 Member

Matt,

Pre de Provence is a favorite of mine. In fact I used it for this morning's shave. However, I think it has more of a sage smell. Also, rosemary is listed as one of the ingredients. Just my 2¢. ;)

12. Austin

Austin Member

Soaps - DR Harris
    Creams - Truefitt & Hill or AOS

13. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

In creams of true Lavender EO scent: AOS, TSD, KD Creations. The KMF is a great cream, but lacks when it comes to scent. Castle Forbes has a lavender, but the scent isn't as good as the 3 listed first IMHO.

Freddy is right, PdP is a blend of sagey rosemary french stuff that is one of my favs.

14. herzi

herzi Active Member

I don't know which is the best but I know Derby is the worst so called lavenderscent.

Very nice are Tabula Rasa Dark Lavender (cream) and Calani Lavender (soap).

15. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Castle Forbes. 'Nuff said :D

16. selhov

selhov New Member

hi guys i hade a go at ading natural lavender oil to williams wool fat soap that i have this soap lastes for ever and hardly sented ,i just bought a small pure lavender oil ,i made the soap a little wet then droped a few let say four, five, drops of oil on the soap left it for a bit to soak in then started to make my lather it worked great, but nead,s toping up if you,r going to keep the soap for lavender perfume smell, after all most of the smeling soap,s ar made by using pure esensial oil,s you can make you,r owne smelly soap,s as long as the shave soap is perfume free , just wet the soap drop your favorit smelly on top let it soak in, im goin to try orange blossom next, the oils ar cheap to purches from health food shop,s and last for ever, lemon oil another great smell if you want sothing really strong pepper mint oil but make shure you ar not alergic to pure oil,s have a go it,s cheap enough and you can make it strong smelly or soft just by adding more or less oil,s it,s worth a go nothing ventured nothing gaind:D:D:D

17. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

Emilys pure lavender is great & i would imagine that Kells Original is also good too.

18. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Our mutual friend, Willy De Sousa just got a puck of an E-bay soap I sent him. It's a Lavender EO soap. 1969Fatboy seems to like the seller's soaps too. I believe her store name is called HandmadebyDeb. Maybe Willy or Shawn will chime in and let you know for sure.

19. PottyDoctor

PottyDoctor Jeff Foxworthy of Shaving

Castle Forbes and D.R. Harris does it for me. I luv me some lavender! :D

20. joed

joed New Member

I have tried a few of the lavender scented shave creams and soaps and most performed very well but I have to say the misses (KD Creations) makes the best of both for scent, lather and skin care that I have tried. Guess it helps knowing the chemist! :D