Best unscented aftershave?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Tim Spencer, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I'm trying to make a setup with no scent that will not disturb or clash with my cologne choice of the day. I have some contenders for the shave soap, but when it comes to aftershave, I find myself leaning towards the idea of a basic witchhazel'esque splash loaded with skin loving ingredients that heal and soften. Since scent is not a concern, the important function here is to help close pores, tone the skin and nourish the skin.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  2. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

Witchhazel is great stuff for me. All I ever use. I use a Amish made witchhazel, but like Thayers too.

EnglishChannel and Demidog like this.
  3. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

I was looking at Thayers the other day on the internet. Browsing around for a light, summer-suited cucumber melon scent that would go well with one of my very light summer colognes. I already bought a cucumber melon soap puck to pair with the setup. I'm leaning towards a different witchhazel though, but haven't pulled the trigger on which cucumber-melon one I will buy. I have plenty of time until summer to decide.

For now, I still don't have an unscented shave setup and that is a more pressing issue as there are days where I don't want a scent interfering with my cologne of the day. I don't have a matching soap scent for every one of my colognes, only the most loved ones in my collection.

Demidog and Carbide Mike like this.
  4. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

I here Ya ! I love my fragrances ! :) Some of the pseudo old school barber / geriatric scents are not for me. Cucumber melon smells great together, but never tried it in a witchhazel. The homemade Amish witchhazel comes in natural, wild rose, violet, and meadowsweet. $ 3 bucks for a gallon. It is thicker than the drug store type.

Demidog likes this.
  5. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Stirling. They have splash, and a witch hazel/aloe tonic.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  6. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I have several scented varieties of Witch Hazel but I mostly reach for Thayers unscented.

7. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I buy Dickensons Witch Hazel at Walmart. It has no fragrance...just smells like Witch Hazel. I also use Clinique Post Shave Soother. This is an unscented aftershave balm and carried by many local drugstores. Feels great on my skin.

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Thayers or Dickenson WH.

Done.

9. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Mr. Fine's SNAKE BITE