Bic DE Blades?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by madmedic, Jul 17, 2007.

1. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

I have discovered a European source for BIC DE Blades.....and although I don't need more blades....I would really like to try them. Has anyone out there any experience with them...or know anything of their background?

2. herzi

herzi Active Member

I had some. They were made in Greece and they were really not bad. Sharp and smooth. You will like them.

3. madmedic

Thanks for that Stefan. I have pulled the Trigger!

4. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

Where did you find them.. Just curious.. I dont need any more blades :rolleyes::D:cool:

5. madmedic

6. herzi

herzi Active Member

The nice guy with the fabulous Wilky sticks :)

7. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I'm really confused about the Wilky sticks now--are they made in Germany, or Poland? They're fantastic regardless of where they're from.

8. madmedic

Well I bought mine from Blademail in the UK. The carton lists the German HQ and a Polish Distributor. To be honest....they could be made anywhere!

9. herzi

herzi Active Member

As far as I kyow they are made in Solingen. But they could also only be packaged in Solingen. I don't kyow.

10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I think they're made in Poland, now that I think of it, Brian, Stefan. It really is immaterial, these sticks are dynamite!

11. rainman

rainman New Member

Yes. Bic's are great blades IMO.

12. Abyssos

Abyssos Member

Another BiC Blades

Hello,
    I`m from Bulgaria, and here BIC are popular DE blades. In addition, we use and Astor, which are also produced in Greece and are made by BiC.

The difference is, that BiC are chrome platinum, while Astor are stainless steel.

I prefer a particular Astor, and use only them.

Attached Files:

13. boyextraordinare

boyextraordinare New Member

LOL, what a terrific box.

The yellow-wrapped, platinum-chrome Grecian BICs are top-rate.

14. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I have a pack of them but have not tried them as yet.

15. Teiste

Teiste New Member

yes,theyre sharp and smooth and with the red pack ip,ips,astras and super iridiums my favorites.

16. Teiste

Teiste New Member

brilliant answer......:confused::confused::confused:

17. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

I really like the BiC DE blades and will order more when I run out. Excellent sharpness, decent smoothness, rather unforgiving on the first shave but goof proof afterwards. They also last a long, long time. I recommend them.

18. boyextraordinare

Among the most underrated blades, they're the only ones I've bought by the 100.

19. RayH

RayH New Member

I have to agree. The Bics are great blades. Just shaved with one. 3 pass on my face, 2 on my neck with a touch up along the jaw and I have a bbs. And I used VDH deluxe soap with the VDH deluxe brush.

20. boyextraordinare

We should start an underrated products thread. BIC blades and VHD Deluxe would be on the top of that list.