Big Easy Soaps?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Tiredricefarmer, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

Ran across them on etsy. They have a tallow shave soap called The Flying Fortress. Scent is described as "Leather and sweet pipe tobacco with hints of gun powder and high octane fuel." A portion of the proceeds from this one soap go to help the WW II museum in New Orleans. Anyone ever tried their products?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have not....but sounds like I need to.

Yehuda D likes this.
  3. Tiredricefarmer

They have a web site bigeasysoaps.com.

Yehuda D and RyX like this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Thanks for the heads up.

Tiredricefarmer and Paul Turner like this.
  5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Might be a must try!!!!

Tiredricefarmer likes this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Bookmarked! Thanks for sharing.

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

221B baker street looks interesting too.

Tiredricefarmer and RyX like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

Downside; alcohol free AS. I prefer a bit of burn in my splash. The scent sounds interesting; cherry vanilla pipe tobacco, oriental spices, black tea, and honey.

504 smells like my local motion; Magnolia is the state flower of Louisiana (my front yard & currently blooming), Bergamot is reminiscent of the citrus orchards (Moss Bluff - dads 75 satsuma and other citrus trees), Oakmoss reminds you of the many, many live oak trees (my neighborhood), Cypress (Citrus Orchard is named "Twin Cypress" for the pair of trees), cardamom and black pepper ( Citrus again, and I enjoy cracked black pepper).

9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I agree with the sting. Yup love those scents!!

Tiredricefarmer and RyX like this.
  10. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Scents sound great but how do they perform? Anybody know?

RyX likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Might? Must? :cool:

12. RyX

RyX DoH!

Not yet. We're talking them up to the point of someone can't stand it and HAS to buy one just to find out!

13. Tiredricefarmer

I didn't see a phone # on their site so I sent them a message last night asking if they combined shipping. I was wanting to place an order but wanted to know about that first. Haven't gotten a reply yet.

14. Tiredricefarmer

I could be wrong but it seemed like if I placed an order it wanted to charge shipping on each item

15. RyX

RyX DoH!

Looks like a One Person Operation from the website. Nothing wrong with that. Hope you establish contact and save on shipping! I found a phone number if you want to give Mr. Labiche a call.

16. Tiredricefarmer

Absolutely! I found a few YouTube video reviews also.

17. RyX

RyX DoH!

PM with info sent.

mrchick likes this.
  18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

You can try and let us know.......

It's a redneckanese thing...do try to keep up. :cool::)

Who can watch the spinning ball the longest....

Labiche....now there is a good solid name. Gotta trust him. A favorite teacher at Sam Houston high was Mr. Lebiche.

RyX likes this.
  19. RyX

RyX DoH!

It's a fixin' to get ready to kind of thing.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

Paul Turner likes this.
  20. Tiredricefarmer

So I talked with the owner Chris LaBiche, seems like a great guy. He's a one man operation. Said he's only been doing this for 9 months and he's tried to fix the shipping costs but is having trouble with Etsy not letting him bundle? Said he'd like to have a web site, that would help him with the shipping but he's just not there yet.
    Asked him about the Baker Street shave soap scent and he's sold out accept for the kits he has. Hopefully he'll have more by the middle to end of July. I did however make a purchase, Purple Haze. He told me of all his scents that's the one he'd recommend, his favorite. The total cost: $19.89, most I've paid for a shave soap since I started my wet shaving journey. The man seems extremely nice and if the product is as good as the reviews and he says, I don't mind trying to support him when I can... when my order comes in I'll do my best to give a review.

RyX and ob1page like this.