Birth Year Razors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Slivovitz, Jun 17, 2011.

1. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Bird Lives, you may have just convinced me. That is a nice looking razor. I may just keep my eye open for an August 1971 model. Thanks!

2. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

I've got a 52 SS Black Tip. I wonder if there were any other razors made just in 52? Wouldn't mind getting another birth year.

Alan

3. Gibbs

Gibbs Member

I've bought (not received yet) a 1971 razor that was the year of graduating from HS. I shaved tonight with a 1962 Speed Adjustable (my 2nd Wife's birth year) I shaved the other night with a 1977, 4th quarter, which was my son's birth year (Nov 1977). But I haven't shaved with a specific razor made in 1953 yet.

I have, however, shaved with a razor that shaved people during the Civil War. It's really nostalgic to shave with that kind of history. Ramapo Co. No. 54 was made in 1854 by a guy that made razors in Jersey City area from 1852 to 1862, then moved to Philadelphia and started making Bowie Knives. Imagine shaving with a razor that may have shaved Abraham Lincoln or any of the people that served on either side, during the Civil War?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very nice shave indeed! I feel lucky to have found it.

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Now that's cool! :cool: :happy088