Blade Bank Alternatives ?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Pureslab, May 5, 2010.

1. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Blade banks can be ordered online for $1 each. Driving to the hardware store would cost more than that in gas for some folks.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Really a dollar? No shipping charge, huh? For me, an item's cost includes shipping.

$1.00 blade bank
    +$5.00 shipping
    $6.00 blade bank in my hand

Besides, hardware stores exist............
    People go there...........

3. TimeWeaver

TimeWeaver Member

My wife is an acupuncturist and has a few sharps containers around. I put one under the sink in the bathroom, and that's where used blades go.

4. groffjj

groffjj New Member

Well, after feeling like a moron, I wasted no time in making a change in this area when I got home from work. I looked around for something that might blend in well with my bathroom. I remembered I was nearly out of deodorant and recalled the stupid plastic piece popping out on me that morning and the deodorant falling on the floor. I took a look at it and realized that getting rid of the plastic piece leaves a hollowed out container that blends in perfectly as an extra stick of deodorant. I'm using it now for my blades.

5. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

My watch came in a metal box. I just glued the lid on, cut a slit and it will fit years of blades and looks decorative in the bathroom. Total cost was nil.

6. Pureslab

Pureslab New Member

This was a simple solution using an empty vitamin bottle , it will look appropriate in the bathroom and should not rust up or discolor - Guess the label may peel off in time.

Some good replies on this thread.

Attached Files:

7. Razor's Edge

Razor's Edge New Member

Never really gave much thought about the disposing of my razor blades, I just wrap the blade up in a tissue and toss it in the garbage. Maybe I should look in to this homemade blade bank idea before I end up unknowingly diving in my garbage for whatever reason and ending up needing a blood transfusion....... :eek:

8. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

I just cram mine into the underside compartment of the platic housing that some of my blades came in.

9. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Unfortunately, that option seems to be fading fast.

10. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I feel your angst there! This happens to me EVERY TIME!

11. Goodknightbri

Goodknightbri New Member

Best Blade Bank for Your Coinage!

I've been using an old Model-T "piggy bank" that I have with other collectible cars and such. I got it at a second hand store for $3. The answer is a coin bank! The blades usually fit in the coin slot that is meant for half-dollars plus. It's a way to have a classy option that's not a reused plastic household cleaner item that looks good in the shave den but doesn't "break the bank!" (Some pun intended).:happy102

12. Goodknightbri

Goodknightbri New Member

PIC...

Attached Files:

• 044.jpg
      044.jpg
      File size:
      26.8 KB
      Views:
  13. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

When I first started this venture three years ago I got a can of tomato sauce out of the pantry, cut a slit in the top, emptied it and stuck it in my bathroom drawer. It's almost full.. I plan on hammering it shut and recycling it if possible.

14. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

i collect mine in a bowl for halloween.

but seriously... i use a sharps container. itll take me a LONG time to fill that thing.