Blade disposal doo-dad.....

Discussion in 'Special Projects' started by Latherman87, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

On pinterest they show this as a toothbrush holder but I thought of the idea to use it as a used blade container...... not the safest route but hey its decent as long as you don't have kids around that can get into it and IMO it looks cool....if you got kids and you wanna make this then I would suggest you mount it super high on your wall since there is no lid....(which there could be a lid if I found one that fit then I could cut a slit in it for proper blade passage).... tell me what ya think... nothing special... had extra wood... some stain and a tube clamp... then burned it up a bit with my torch and burned a little label with "used blades " on it as you can see..... just something a little rough if you will...just to look a bit old.... all in all... a fun and useful little thing... and cool! Definitely goes with the pirate decor!!

securedownload.jpeg

178-bplatoon, wyatt46 and tuco99 like this.
  2. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

Will take awhile too fill up :)

3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Nice & simple- I like the rustic look. Just make sure it is someplace where it can not be easily knocked over, since it lacks a cover.

4. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

If that should fall on the floor, you will have more to worry about than just used razor blades. Unless that jar is made of plastic. It does look good.

alpla444 likes this.
  5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Looks cool.
    If I assume correctly, the tube clamp is keeping it secure? Sure hope so.

6. Latherman87

Yep tube clamp is securing it as well as a small shelf to support it on the very bottom ....if I try to take the jar out I have to loosen the screw just to get it to budge......and just to be safe im putting it on my wall with 4 anchors

7. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Only an Okie from Muskogee would think of this. :)

8. Latherman87

An okie from muskogee with a pinterest.com account would think of this hahaha

9. Shayne Redfearn

Shayne Redfearn Active Member

that is cool....did you do the writing on it? if so, how?

10. Latherman87

Well I do have a dip pen and quill set but I did one piece of paper for a test and aged it with a lighter and tea like I did this one and the ink ran too bad and I couldnt read it......so I had to use a computer font and even the mod podge still made that ink bleed a bit.