Blade Platinum Plus Satinex 2000 (By Personna)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by arizona dreams, Apr 2, 2011.

1. These blades are invading the Italian market, with excellent results, and are imported from Italy Uragme Ltd. in Rome. They are made in Israel, with the collaboration of "'American Safety Razor Personna co'. " Maybe in other countries are sold? Thanks to those who answer ...
    [​IMG]

2. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

The packaging reminds me of the UK branding of Personna Platinums

[​IMG]

3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

If they are made in Israel, they are no doubt from the same factory as what is known as Israeli Personna or IP.. fine and highly regarded blades, those IPs.

4. Mitsimonsta

Mitsimonsta New Member

I think these will have the same 'Personna Red' wrappers on them. Again, just another branding of the Personna Red / Personna Platinum I should think.

Would love to be proven wrong. Can we get a photo of the blade, and also the wrapper?

5. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

Here is a side-by-side. I was told they are the exact same blade except the blue packaging is for UK distributions and the reds are sold in the US. The blades and wrappers look the same. The both say "Distributed by American Safety Razor Company" on the wrapper

[​IMG]

6. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

If it says they are made in Israel, one would think they are all made in the same factory. I can't imagine them having 2 or more factories in one country. Of course, ASR did file bankruptcy so if they had more than 1 factory in Israel, I can understand how they went broke and belly-up.

7. Thank you for your assistance! These blades are imported exclusively for the Italian market, I found no evidence outside of our country. I do not know how many factories, the ASR has or had in Israel, but 'if and' only one them, 'are made ​​where there surely are other Personna razor blades ...