Blade Reviews Thread - read the rules before posting

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BaylorGator, Apr 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

IMO, the Treet black beauties are a better blade than the platinums.

2. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Eh...give 'em a try. You might not like 'em...but, then again, you might. Everyone's face is different. Take the Derby blades for example. They gets lots of negative reviews. But, they get tons of positive reviews as well. If you end up not liking the Treets you're only out, what, $0.10 or something?

3. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

Tonight I gave the Personna Reds a shot and I'm impressed. These blades are fantastic they are decently sharp while remaining pretty smooth it's a nice balance for sure. There was no pulling no tugging just some sweet simple slicing with this blade tonight. At 15-20 cents each these blades are a great buy and I highly recommend them. I also think I read in another post that these are the unbranded drug store brands but I could be mistaken. If not that's even better because they are readily available.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

(the dossier on most Egypt labels)

5. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

Alright so to finish off a week of trying different blades I decided give a blade a 3rd chance my first use of this brand was okay but nothing crazy second was terrible it even led me to do a focus a couple of months ago. The blade is the Gillette Silver Blue always the third time a charm?
    In short kind of. I definitely enjoyed shaving with this brand of blade more this time than the last time but it still doesn't really hit high on the ranks for me. It's sharp but not as sharp as Feathers Personnas or the Bics and it's fairly smooth but not Shark chrome or Derby smooth. At around 17 cents a blade they also aren't the cheapest blades but not the most expensive either. For me at least I feel like that's where the GSB sits for me is a nice middle ground I may not put these in the den but they're worth checking out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. jsw41

jsw41 Member

To all of you who like Bic Chrome Platinum blades, I agree, sharp, smooth and for my thin beard they will last through 12 to 14 shaves. I'm now wondering why I bother with other blades, since I haven't tried any that are as good, for me. I have a Merkur Bakelite razor that has a high-dome cap and is more agressive than my Pearl straight-bar razor, and the Bic blades behave well with each one. Can't say that for Derby, Merkur, Laser or Wilkinson Sword Classic.

7. r1nzler

r1nzler Member

My favorites are gillete platinums black box, Astra SP, and Polsilver.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

8. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Try a Derby in the Slant. Again.