Blade Selection Help

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Stu929, Apr 20, 2017.

1. jsw41

jsw41 Member

Just my opinion, if you are new to classic shaving and you try a sharp blade in a non-aggressive razor or a less sharp blade in an aggressive razor, and the results are not great, I think your technique may be to blame. The first blade I tried several years ago was Merkur blades. I didn't like them, maybe one good shave. But then again I didn't know what a BBS shave felt like, either. I set the Merkurs aside and learned how to shave with other blades. Fast forward to this week, I've gone back to these Merkur blades and am getting very good shaves with no weepers, no irritation. It was not the blades fault, it was my lack of proper shaving technique.

2. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

This is my current set up and performance has been awesome. Volshod on the other hand felt like shaving with sandpaper...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

jimjo1031 likes this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I use Voskhods, but mostly in OC razors, where for me, they work fine. One blade, which in my opinion, is slightly better than a Lab Blue is Israeli made Personna Stainless Steel blades.. They are just as sharp as a Lab Blue, but seem smoother, especially in my adjustables.

4. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

I believe I picked up 2 personna reds to try as well.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

jimjo1031 likes this.