Blue Wrapper Personna Supers?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Lionhearted, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Lionhearted

Lionhearted New Member

[​IMG]

These say made in the USA. Any experience with them? Are they identical to the red wrappers?

I have a chance to buy a bunch of these cheap, very cheap, a few cents per blade.

Richard

2. Padron

Padron Active Member

I have some of the Red wrapped ones, but have never seen the Blue's....where did they come from?

3. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

It was some years ago that I had those.. I remember them to be a decent blade - but this was in the beginning of my wetshaving so... What I really remember about them is that they were Smooooth.. If you can get some I would really like to buy some from you..

4. goatshaver

goatshaver New Member

You can pick those up by the 500 pack in a store in the San Francisco area! I used two or three a day every day for about ten years...

...Scoring loaves before they found their way into an oven!

5. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

I used these for while, not bad. Picked them up at a beauty suppy house.

6. Lionhearted

Lionhearted New Member

A local retired barber has 5,000 of them. He wants $250 for all of them. He won't sell a lesser quantity and he won't give or sell me a sample or two to try. He says they're not all that old and he thinks they're still being sold. I found the photo on a barber supply website marked "temporarily out of stock" with no price.

I don't want to become a blade dealer and I certainly don't need 5,000 blades. However, this does look like a good deal.

Richard

7. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Amazing that he won't give you a couple to try. But at $.05 per blade that's a great deal if they work well.

8. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

convince 5 people they need 1,000 blades for 50$?

Lol about now having a blade for you to try. Hes having enough trouble selling the box of 5,000, imagine how much more trouble hes going to have selling a box of 4,998 blades :D

9. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

At 5 cents a blade, he can sell 4998 blades for $250 to anyone who would pay the same amount for 5000. ;)

10. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I used one some time ago and also remember it to be a decent blade. 250USD for 5000? Sounds great!

11. herzi

herzi Active Member

I remember the blades as not so sharp as the red ones.
    So far I remember the blue ones are made for surgical use.
    I wouldn't buy them.

12. goatshaver

goatshaver New Member

They sure did score my loaves with surgical precision, that's for sure!

13. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Group buy? Just see if there is any action here on the Den and then buy 'em all from him. :D You might find some folks here to go in with you on such a purchase. Maybe put a notice in our Classifieds section?