Bolzano superinox inossidable DE blades review (kind of)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Monkeylord, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

[​IMG][​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I just had my fourth shave with the same Bolzano blade, and got my fourth irritation free BBS. I must say I'm in love with these blades. They are smooth (right up there with the Astra SP's ) and they are sharp, a tad sharper than the Astra's, I dare say. :)

After the fourth three pass shave they still seem sharp as at the begining. The price over here is lower than any other DE blade 5 pack I have seen in Croatia (about 1$ maybe a bit more, depending on the currency rates), but still not as cheap as Astra's :D

The only problem is that they are not available locally, so I have to depend on my friend that lives in the capital to provide :)

sol92258 and lradke like this.
  2. frankflood

frankflood Active Member

I use these blades often with good success.

Monkeylord and sol92258 like this.
  3. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

These are my favorite blades, love 'em. Unfortunately, they're about $5 a pack that I've found online for here, but hey, still beats the heck out of cartridges, both in performance and price

Monkeylord likes this.
  4. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

These blades are super sharp, but I always end up with some serious irritation when I use them. I would like to try the Croma blades, made by the same company.

Monkeylord likes this.
  5. snuff

snuff Well-Known Member

Looks like I'll have to try them again. I don't really understand how it's possible but I got me 2 of these blades from someone I traded stuff with and I really couldn't get even one 3 pass shave out of a blade.

6. Monkeylord

YMMV :)

7. Monkeylord

I've got a bit more experience with the Bolzano blades by now, and my opinion didn't change a bit. They are my favourite DE blade up to date. Smooth and sharp all the way, and where I get about four shaves with the Astra SP I get 6 very comfortable shaves out of one Bolzano blade...now if only bulk prices aren't as high (I found them on the bay for over 50$ per 100 blades :eek:). But first time anyone goes to Zagreb I'm ordering at least 30 :)

8. VedderLG

VedderLG Well-Known Member

Just wanted to revive this thread. Had my first shave with Bolzano's today. I had a tuck from a sampler and never got around to trying them. I paired the blade with my Parker 91r - my daily driver and the razor that I test all new blades in. They do have small wax spots, but nothing on the blade edge. I completed a two pass shave with touch ups. No alum sting. I had just over two days of beard growth. I have to say this is an excellent blade. It is a nice combo of smooth and sharp. However, it was the slightest bit more tuggy than my favourite blade (Rapira PL). My current blade ranking would be: 1) Rapira PL 2) Gillette Black ninjas 3) Bolzano 4) Astra SP 5) Voshkods. The biggest issue with this blade is the cost. It is double to triple the cost of some very great performing blades. Likely won't be buying any more (unless it leads to shaving nirvana in my Parker 24c or RR Aluminum slant I have on the way). Glad I tried them :)

9. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Thanks for the info. I just picked some up in a trade and look forward to giving them a try.

VedderLG likes this.
  10. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Love the Bolzano blade. They are pricey though.

VedderLG likes this.