BON VIVANT SHAVING SOAP - LIMITED EDITION CHATILLON LUX COLLABORATION Review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by bscarpenter, Jun 21, 2017.

1. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

I purchased this limited edition soap from L&L Grooming. It arrived in a timely manner with a hand written note scrolled on the packing slip. There is a good description of the scent of this soap on the L&L website. From my nose it is creamy, leathery and a little spicy smelling. Definitely a unique scent and a manly scent for sure.

I took to the soap with my trusty Parker finest badger brush and started to load the brush. The soap is a little thirsty, but by the time I got done loading the brush and moved over to my lather bowl, the brush was loaded with enough soap for three 2 pass shaves. Once in the lather bowl, I added a little more water to the brush and the end result was a very creamy lather. Think yogurt not foam. The lather was rich, thick and slick... top notch. I have not used any L&L products before so I do not know if this is the same recipe for the rest of their soaps.

Overall, this a nice leathery, spicy, unique scent that lathers up with the quality of any top notch soap. Since this is alimited edition, it will probably be unobtainium soon.
    Untitled copy.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Keithmax, jimjo1031, Tdmsu and 3 others like this.
  2. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review. Ive been looking at L&L soaps recently.

3. Mullen88

Mullen88 Member

Ordered this the other day and probably will do the same with the other 2 releases. Can't wait. Great review

4. pbrmhl

pbrmhl Well-Known Member

I thought about ordering this, and the other CL/L&L collaboration soaps, but I've got 12 bottles of CL aftershave and five L&L soaps already. I figure I can use one of my L&Ls and one of my CLs in the same shave, and double my fun...

5. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

I too like finding combinations that work together. For example, after using the BON VIVANT, I used a splash of Old Spice followed by a few sprays of Spice Bomb and everything married together very well.

Keithmax likes this.