Boom What a shave

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Willy De Sousa, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Hey there guys how are yous?

Wow i bought some Gillette 7o'clock SharpEdge double edge blades form WestCoast Shaving. Being from South Africa i had to be petience to recieve them , i got them yesterday afternoon and could not wait to use them and take them for a "test drive" woke up this morning and got my self perpared for my moring shave , so i was not sure witch razor to use 1. my Gillette super speed black handle date code M2 or my Gillette Slim Adjust date code K1 so i took the super speed, with a new Gillette 7o'clock SharpEdge blade guys for me its been the best blade i have shaved with up to date! i also got some Astra Superior Platinum and Crystal blades. These tow i must still take for a "test drive" aswell, but the Gillette 7o'clock SharpEdge has my vote for one of my fav blades!

Regards
    Willy De Sousa

2. Gelf Lover

Gelf Lover Member

I just recently tried those myself. I found them to be very smooth on my skin. Actually I don't even feel the blade at all. So far they are lasting about 5 shaves for me but they have beat just about every blade that I have tried so far.

Bram

3. they are for sure! have you tried some of the other Gillette 7o'clocks yet?

4. Gelf Lover

Gelf Lover Member

I've tried the Super Stainless. They are fairly sharp but I could feel the blade a lot. I have some Permasharps but haven't tried them yet and I'm getting ready to order some Super Platinums to try since I've heard a lot of good reviews on them.

5. i guess i will have to try all the Gillette 7o'clock blades , going to give my dad a pkt of the superedge for him to try aswell he has always used Gillette Super silver for years but we dont get them here in South Africa any more the last ones i could still buy for him as a gift was from west coast shaving and they dont have them any more , i did get some website that do have them but the price is bit 2much i am sure he will enjoy of the Gillette 7o'clocks. could you sagest any websites where i can shop around for razor blades, i know of west coast shaving and of the store here on the shave den.

Willy

6. Gelf Lover

Gelf Lover Member

The TSD store sells 3 of the 4 types. So far the only place that I found Super Stainless is on eBay.

I should read better sometimes.....

Shoebox Shave Shop is another place that you can get them.

and Connaught Shaving is a UK store that sells a lot of blades.

7. I saw on ebay they have the super stainless. i will grab myself a few packs to try them out as well

Thanks

Willy

8. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

The best source for them was Giovanni, who has closed his store. Here are some more

Site Blade offerings

barberdepot.com/shaving Aastra, Dorco and Wilkinson
    purespadirect.com Luxor
    cottonblossomcrafts.com Feather

I have not been looking for blades for some time so my links are not as good as my links on shave cream.

9. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Super Stainless on Ebay is sold by a member here. I've ordered a couple of times and had great results. They're my favorite of the 7 O'clocks that I've tried.

10. Gelf Lover

Gelf Lover Member

I tried the Permasharps this morning. I really didn't get them a fair try though. My skin was already irritated and I didn't have much to shave so I'll let you know tomorrow how it was for me.

11. hi how you?
    could you please help? i would like to know who the member is thats selling the Super Stainless on ebay? i would like to make contact with him

Thanks

Regards

Willy

12. Gelf Lover

Gelf Lover Member

Sorry I didn't post this earlier. Haven't been feeling well today. I did a sick shave today (just one pass, a mixed WTG,ATG,XTG) with the permasharp. I got a really comfortable DFS from it. I really didn't do a very good prep for it either but I made sure to let the shave cream sit on my beard for at least 2 min before I started to shave. It was very smooth, not as sharp as the Sharp Edge blade but enough to cleanly cut my beard. i have some Super Platinums on the way and I'll let you know how they do if you want.