Bought my first Schick Eversharp type G

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Enrico, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

My first Schick let alone my first SE.

Well for those that don't know, I'm a research junkie. meaning Anything that peaks my interest I'll want to learn as much as I can. Last fall I started getting interested SE razors and I looked over Gems and Ever Readys as well as Schick injectors. Once again around two weeks ago, I looked into SE razors, this time more in the line of injectors and I read a lot more reviews. I finally decided on this one I found in decent shape for a reasonable price.
    s-l1600-36.jpg
    s-l1600-37.jpg

I think it's a type G6

Billyfergie, Karl G, Hodge and 6 others like this.
  2. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

You are correct Sir, that is a G6. Looks like it will clean up nicely. I think you'll like it as the Schick Gs are great razors although a little on the mild side for my tastes(prefer Es). That being said my G3 and G6 still go into rotation from time to time.
    Congrats and let us know you thoughts after use.

Enrico likes this.
  3. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Nice find! I really like Schick injectors, but if you want a real treat, track down a Pal InjectoMatic.

americanshamrock and Enrico like this.
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Thank you. Well I wanted to start a little more mild and see how it works out. I really like the amber color, but now I need to get some blades.

americanshamrock likes this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Thanks. I was looking at the Pal's, but I found this one first at a good price.

Hodge, americanshamrock and dustmite like this.
  6. americanshamrock

In my experience Chinese Schick blades are usually readily available at small chain grocery stores and mom and pop drugstores. In fact they are the only razor blades I can find locally that I actually use (the others being Dorco and VDH DE blades). If they are not available locally there is always online (like from Walgreens HERE).

And yes the PAL injecto-matics are outstanding.

Enrico, Robyflexx and dustmite like this.
  7. dustmite

I prefer the Personna injector blades. I get the Supply Provision Co. rebranded Personna's on Amazon. 20 in a pack, they're less expensive, and I average 5 more shaves per blade vs the Chinese Schick blades.

8. americanshamrock

Definitely a YMMV for me the opposite is true (more shaves out of the chicks).
    Its good to have options and find what works best for you.

Hodge, dustmite and Robyflexx like this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Thanks for the information; I'll keep my eyes open. :thanks:

americanshamrock and dustmite like this.
  10. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Great find! The humble G1 was my first injector. I never looked back. I haven't used a DE in over a year as I am now using injectors and SEs full time. I have the G1 and a G8. Love them both!

11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Nice. I like that amber handle.

americanshamrock and Enrico like this.
  12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I saw supply selling injector blades on Amazon, any experience with them?

13. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I like using my Schick G's as they are slightly less aggressive than the E, but more so than later ones. A good compromise for some great shaves. And Personna blades work out very nicely for me.

14. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

There are only two brands in production, Schick and Personna, the latter sometimes rebranded but it's the same blade.

Hope you enjoy the G, I'm not a fan, I find them less efficient then the E and not as smooth as the I, both of which I enjoy more. Good thing they're all inexpensive.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I was looking at a G4 Schick 66, but this was in better condition. I just wanted to try them out at least.

Yes, I was calling me. :cool:

Looking over the reviews on other threads; quite the split decision on injector blades.:think002:

americanshamrock, jimjo1031 and PLAla like this.
  16. americanshamrock

As has been noted they are just rebranded Personna blades. They are good blades but I find the Schick blades to be a tad bit smoother.

They are both good blades I just personally prefer the Schicks. I say buy a pack of each and see which you prefer.

Enrico and jimjo1031 like this.
  17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Sounds like a good idea; it's not like they're gonna spoil. ;)

18. dustmite

:signs011: I used an injector with MIC Schick blades exclusively for about seven years. I had trouble with one injector pack, which led me here. I decided to give the Personna a go, and they work well for me. It's not cost prohibitive to try both, then you can see which you prefer.

Enrico and John Ruschmeyer like this.
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

What is MIC Schick blades?

20. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Made in China I'm guessing.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

dustmite and Enrico like this.