Bought Three Packs of Astra Blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by theguitarshaver559, Feb 10, 2017.

1. theguitarshaver559

theguitarshaver559 Active Member

This morning I bought three packs of Astra Blades that has five blades each. I hear they're more sharp than any other brand, so I said what the heck, I'll buy some. As I mentioned in another post I made, I'm getting a Schick Krona razor. It's coming by mail. I got it from Ebay.

2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

The Astra SPs are good blades, in my opinion. There are others that are sharper, but they are a nice balance between sharp and smooth.

Sent via mobile - Chris

PLANofMAN, Demidog, BigMike and 2 others like this.
  3. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I think you will like them in your new razor. Did you buy the SP or the SS? I have only used the SP.

4. Marc Bagwell

Marc Bagwell Well-Known Member

I'm also an Astra SP (green pack) fan.

5. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

I have used the Astra Greens. They did not work out for me. I hope you have better luck.

6. theguitarshaver559

I bought the SP.

Bama Samurai and wristwatchb like this.
  7. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

The Astra SP is one of my favorite blades and they work well for me. YMMV.

8. theguitarshaver559

I bought the SP.
    The Schick Krona is going to be my very first double edge safety razor!

Jim99 and Bama Samurai like this.
  9. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Love the Astra SPs.

10. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Astra SPs work well for me also! I purchased them for about $10 per hundred on Amazon - great value.

11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Good blade.

12. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

YMMV thing...I have no use for them.

13. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Actually, I'll bet the Krona with the Astra blades will be an excellent combination.

14. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

Astra SP are great blades, but Astra SS are even better. They are sharp enough, smooth and very consistent !!!

Matt0210 and Bird Lives like this.
  15. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

You talking about the Blue Pack? Yep, I used to prefer those; in my Super Speed; myself! And yet, I never hear anybody speak of those.....Guess they are a well kept secret....I really DUG them and I can't believe they even cost less...Shoot, I would pay more for them. I believe they are sharper than the SPs...IMHO....YMMV....Maybe the SPs were a tad smoother and the Blue pack blades were noticably sharper...Yep, the Blue packs are the Stainless, One of my all time favorite blades, and dollar for dollar, forget it! More bang for your buck!
    image.jpg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    Jim99 likes this.
  16. Christopher Powell

I agree with everything you said !!!

Matt0210 and Bird Lives like this.
  17. Bird Lives

I hear ya brother! I had just about given up on Astra when I tried these...You are right...they are also very consistant...Back when I was still using DEs, the Perma Sharp Supers and Astra SS's were all I would use...Oh yeah, I also went through a Rapira SS period aswell...

PLANofMAN likes this.
  18. Christopher Powell

I'm a big fan of Rapira Super Stainless and Rapira Swedish Super Steel also !!!

LOOT and Bird Lives like this.
  19. Bird Lives

Great Minds or Great Whiskers...}8^)) You know @crackstar /Jeff is a closet Rapira SS lover...I haven't seen him using them lately...but maybe in secret...:happy097:...But I think the Astra Blue pack might be a little tooo sharp for Jeff...He doesn't dig super sharp blades and those Blue Astras are definitely one of the sharper blades on the block...:duel:

If you dig Astra SS and Rapira SS.....Sometime, when you get bored, you should try the Perma Sharp Supers....If you haven't already...They are not in the Bang for the Buck catagory...more of a Connoisseur Blade. But I think, they are about as sharp as you can get and still have the smooth factor met...A very top shelf blade IMO...I used to use them to spoil myself...Like a cuban cigar after a filet mignon...}8^))

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  20. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

You either like them or you don't. If you don't like them, you can always give them away again :)

Marc Bagwell likes this.