British Aristocrat clone?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Razorhound, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Razorhound

Razorhound Active Member

87R__08076-300x300.jpg Parker 87R-I am sure I am not the first person to think this but it looks like a pretty good rip off of British Aristocrat. I had to run to the shave den and open the case on my #16 Brit to make sure I did not in fact have a Parker. Whew! .......The money I could have saved if I had seen this first, but then I would not have that spiffy little case the Brit comes in. Seriously though the dimensions and weight are really close. Nice looking razor.

Jorvaljr, AGHisBBS, brit and 3 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That is a beautiful razor. You almost got me to get one. Almost...

Razorhound likes this.
  3. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I don't have one but from what I hear it gives identical shave quality like the brit one, very similar in aggressiveness and to top it off its also all brass at around $30 vs the brit that can reach 100-150, not bad at all for razor made in India

Jim99, Razorhound and Jayaruh like this.
  4. Razorhound

Razorhound Active Member

I suspected that the blade gap might likely mimic the British Aristocrat as well being that the knurling is the only physical characteristic that slightly differs at a quick glance. At the price point the Parker resides in I imagine before all is said and done I will have to get my hands on it to compare the two.

Jim99 likes this.
  5. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I think @Morman Bridge recently posted some comments about the Parker versus the Aristocrat. He might be able to give his thoughts.

Razorhound likes this.
  6. Razorhound

Razorhound Active Member

Thanks Jim99, I located that thread and another touching on the Parker-Aristocrat subject. Good information.

7. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, yes, I did post recently about the Parker 87R. I do have a little input about these razors.
    First off, I had received one damaged/unserviceable and requested another. At the time I was having trouble getting around and the seller graciously sent me another without requiring me to return the first one. Unfortunately, the second one also had some issues. I did not request another one at that point, but instead tried to straighten out the razor. The issues were minor if I recall correctly, and I got the razor shave ready. I shaved with it twice, and just wasn't happy with it, so I put it away until a week or so ago. I avoided all Parker razor purchased from the last shave til now. I was soured on their Quality Control. So I decided to revisit the razor a week or so ago, and since my technique has improved significantly, and my shaving skills are much better now, I could see the error in my first opinions of the 87R. Or any Parker for that matter. I have learned from others that if something isn't working out in my shaving regimen, just put it down for awhile, and come back to it later. Once a shavers skills mature, he or she are usually capable with any razor or blade. Now all that having been said, I did find the Parker 87R to not only look similar to my #66 Aristocrat, but it shaved as well as it too. I did not check Blade gaps or anything, but I feel it must be very similar. I found the 87R to be very efficient as well. I'm glad I tried it out again. But that is about it, I hope that input and background helps you folks. Thanks for asking me about it.
    Have a good night all.

AGHisBBS and Jim99 like this.
  8. GawainandtheGreenKnight

GawainandtheGreenKnight Well-Known Member

Well, boys you got me just went on Amazon and pulled the trigger on a 87R. Wasn't going to considering I just a TTO and 3 piece Baili,least the wife doesn't know about these.

9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    enablers.png