British Sterling Aftershave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by DaltonGang, Sep 28, 2017.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I just received a full bottle of British Sterling Aftershave today, in a lot full of Old Spice, that I bought. I tried it on, and thought, this isn't too bad, but smells very familiar. My 11 yr old said it smelled good, and I smell like a grandpa. I don' know how to take that. I guess I will put it on one day and surprise the wife, to see what she thinks. I don't hear much said about this stuff, around here.
    P9281204.JPG

2. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

It was very popular in the 70's-early 80's.I know a lady who really liked it.It can be a little loud.To me it is a good autumn/winter scent doesn't really give me a hot weather vibe.Once in a while you can find a gel-balm a/s in gift packs around christmas.Avon had a variation of this scent called Blend 7 that can be found on the bay,usually with a shave mug.

DaltonGang and Zykris like this.
  3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

It's one of my favorite inexpensive aftershaves (scents) but it's distinctive so I don't wear it every day.
    I have the bar soap, the deodorant, the aftershave, and the cologne. I think I've only used the cologne once or twice as the aftershave is enough by itself especially if you use the bar soap and the deodorant.
    I decanted some of the aftershave into a small spritzer bottle to help control the amount applied. I prefer to think of it as "distinctive" rather than "loud" but you can over do it if you're not careful.

ninjack, DaltonGang and Zykris like this.
  4. Masonjarjar

Masonjarjar Active Member

Funny how scents can remind you of certain places or people even if you don't remember ever having smelled them before. I remember when I first smelled a sample of Floris No.89 my first thought was "wealthy British guy" then I tried to remember if I ever knew one, and I did, when I was a kid my aunt dated a British guy that owned his own airplane. Could it be that he wore that cologne and I remembered it nearly 30 years later? Another reason that I bring up Floris 89 is that I think British Sterling is in the same general vicinity, but not as sophisticated or complex.

DaltonGang and ninjack like this.
  5. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

I love British Sterling cologne and after shave. I agree that if you use the after shave splash you don't need the cologne. It is pretty strong. I remember my dad wearing it in the early 80's, so it brings back good memories. I also like their more expensive offerings the Private Stock Him and Reserve. They both have a nice scent to them and smell more expensive than the original BS.
    british sterling private stock.jpg
    british sterling reserve.jpg

DaltonGang and John Beeman like this.