Brooklyn Bay Rum

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Spyder, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Has anybody here heard or used any of their product?
    https://brooklynbayrum.com/
    They appear to be very new to the market. They happened to show up on one of the facebook groups that I follow. They basically had a sales pitch on the bay rum; $27 for a 4oz bottle. I commented (maybe negatively ;)) about the price. They quickly responded by defending their pricing by their manufacturing process, yada yada. They then basically broke it down to only costin $.30 per application. Well, I'm a cheap Dutchman and let it go at that, but it got me wondering if this stuff was any good; and if it was, I would think I'd hear about it from some of you. Either way, it looks like the admin of the fb group wiped out the entire thread,

Redfisher and DaltonGang like this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

That is kind of pricey. It sounds like they are targeting a certain crowd. I would pass on it, because I'm not a huge fan of Bay Rum, and I could buy almost 2 full bottles of vintage Shulton Old Spice for that price. Also, that Shulton stuff is hard to beat.

Paul Turner, Redfisher and Spyder like this.
  3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

That is pricey. I can get a 4oz Ogallala Bay Rum for less than half that price and like it a lot.

Redfisher and Spyder like this.
  4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

And one goes for $33.00 a bottle. Yeah, it's a pass on this.

Redfisher and Spyder like this.
  5. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Yeah but it’s steam distilled and, and..... my answer is; I can buy a gallon of VIBR for that kind of money:)

EnglishChannel, Redfisher and mrchick like this.
  6. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Sounds like a pass on it to me also..:) I love VIBR also!

EnglishChannel, Redfisher and Spyder like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'll never know; cause I'm CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP like a little bird.:)

178-bplatoon, Redfisher and Spyder like this.
  8. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

@Enrico : the politically correct terminology is "Thrifty":)

9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

But I'm politically incorrect. :D

10. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I love a good bay rum but not at that price.

Spyder likes this.
  11. RangerDoug

RangerDoug New Member

Back when I knew nothing about Bay Rum I used to use Pinaud. Then a bunch of years back I found Ogallala. I liked their main scent well enough, though I wasn't too fond of the others.

Anyway my wife bought me a bottle of Brooklyn Bay for my birthday. And now when I smell other products all I can smell are chemicals. It's like if you ever switch from commercial mouth wash to something made with natural ingredients like Tom's. Then switch back. Scope, listerine etc. You start to taste all the synthetic junk they put in it and it tastes awful. It's kind of that way with this stuff since I've been using it. The scent is a bit milder (which is probably better for my co-workers) and wears off a bit faster since its made with essential oils, not synthetics. Hence the price difference as esential oils are way expensive... But it just feels better to me. Nice bottle too.

Redfisher likes this.
  12. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

I too like Pinaud VIBR. Mainly for the "burn". However, not too long ago I picked up a bottle of HBG Bay Rum aftershave splash. It has all natural herbs & essential oils. Way different scent than the VIBR. I suspect there's a lack-o-cloves in the HBG version. Leaves my skin feeling great. very soothing. About $9.00 for a 4 ounce plastic bottle. It goes on sale from time to time on their web site.

13. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

@HolyRollah makes his own.
    If he answers the page,
    Do you know what you spent to make your own?

14. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Spyder likes this.