Brush Handle Makers / Dogwood Handcrafts

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by GarnerPW, Jun 14, 2017.

1. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

So I recently had @Jayaruh AKA Jim set a knot I got from @Sara-s in her "Thinning the Herd" PIF into one of his handles. #180 to be precise.

JR 180.jpg

Thank you Sara-s. The knot was wonderful that is why I had it transplanted. Thank you Jim you do great work. I used it this morning. It was like having my old friend back.

I digress. The reason for the post is I was looking around online for brush handles and found Dogwood Handcrafts on Etsy. Has anybody here heard of them? Has anybody here ever done business with them? Is there anybody else out there who you would recommend? Aside from Whipping Dog.

Starscape Handle.jpg
    Not my photo. Photo from Dogwood Handcrafts

I am really digging this handle.

Keithmax, Jorvaljr, RyX and 2 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That's cool. It is like a cyborg handle: half carbon based unit and half plastic or whatever.

RyX and AGHisBBS like this.
  3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

That is a gorgeous handle. I haven't heard of them before.

If you are looking at others, you could try Envy Shave, Doug Korn, Rudy Vey, Elite Razor...... Lots of great makers out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Douglas Carey and Jayaruh like this.
  4. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Wild West Brushworks.
    I bought a few from Derek when he first started up and he his work is such that he has quickly become very popular. Excellent brushes at crazy good prices.

5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I'm diggin it too. I'm also diggin some of the other ones

GarnerPW likes this.
  6. GarnerPW

I reached out to him today. We PM'ed back & fourth to find out what I was looking for. Now I am waiting to see what he comes up with.

Sent from my phone using some app

Jorvaljr likes this.
  7. justincollins44

justincollins44 New Member

I ordered a brush from dogwood last week, should receive it any day. I'll post a review when I receive it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. mpontiff

mpontiff New Member

I haven't bought a handle from him yet but I know the owner of Dogwood Handcrafts from another forum. Several people on there have some of his work and I've heard nothing but stellar comments from them. He will work with you on a custom job to get whatever you want and seems to be an all around great guy.

Here's a gallery that he shared of some of his recent work
    https://imgur.com/a/VO9L3

9. DogwoodHandcrafts

DogwoodHandcrafts New Member

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words! Someone pointed me to this thread so I figured I'd pop in and answer any questions you have.

10. GarnerPW

Oh snot, I've been caught. Yes before reaching out to you through your Esty page I asked here about you.

Sent from my phone using some app

11. DogwoodHandcrafts

DogwoodHandcrafts New Member

Ahaha, I can't blame you at all -- that's just being an informed consumer!