Bumping the Edwin Jagger up a notch

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by DonMac, Nov 12, 2015.

1. DonMac

DonMac Active Member

I have several Edwin Jaggers. Two of which have the faux ivory handles, one octagon, one round. Considering they look and handle so similar with the same head on both razors, I thought I would gift one. Then I thought of the Pearl open comb bottom plate I recently purchase on Ebay for 8 bucks.

I installed the Pearl bottom plate on the Edwin Jagger, and gave it a shave. Wow, what a difference! It turned my meek EJ DE 87 into a fine shaving aggressive razor, on par with, and even smoother than my Muhle R41.
    Two passes, a little touchup and I couldn't tell I ever had whiskers.

For those who wish to bump their Edwin Jagger up a notch, or those who have multiple Edwin Jaggers, this is an inexpensive upgrade.

The seller I purchased it from was techichi_shave

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    RaZorBurn123 and chrisbd like this.
  2. chrisbd

chrisbd Well-Known Member

DonMac,
    I hadn't considered a FrankenJagger before but thanks for the advice. Good experiment, I'll have to look into that. I just wish our razor equipment in the UK was as cheap as yours in the US. Shipping and taxes (VAT) are always a killer.

Regards,
    Chris

Jayaruh likes this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Yeah, that is a bummer. But, you do have the Rockets.

chrisbd likes this.
  4. chrisbd

chrisbd Well-Known Member

Agreed. I've got a couple of Rocket HDs and a couple of English Techs. I love them all but I'm always on the lookout for other models. I've also got an EJ DE89, which will always stay in the rotation, but I'm intrigued by the prospect of tweaking it with the addition of an open comb base plate. I contacted EJ some months ago to ask if they'd consider making an open comb razor but I've had no reply.

Regards,
    Chris