Bvlgari Man in Black Shaving Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Sabre, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I haven't seen this before, Bvlgari Man in Black shaving soap:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    Zykris and crackstar like this.
  2. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

That is probably because it is so darned expensive. As in Art of Shaving expensive.

crackstar likes this.
  3. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

crackstar likes this.
  4. Shaver X

"Only" $27? That is still pretty expensive considering you can get Institut Karite, Tabac, and other great soaps for a lot less. There wasn't any link to click on to order the soap on their website, just links to the product card and store locations. Or maybe I missed the purchase link?

crackstar likes this.
  5. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I think you have to register, there is a shopping cart on the website. I said it's only $27.00 as your Amazon link was $44.85.

crackstar likes this.
  6. Shaver X

Hmmm... maybe the price will come down a bit when more outlets carry the soap. Nordstrom, Macy's or a similar high-end department store might have it, and they typically have sales on a semi-regular basis.

That Bvlgari produces such a soap is not unusual. The other fragrance houses usually have similar products, and often have a shaving cream and aftershave in addition to the soap. Ralph Lauren even sold a pewter shaving brush and mug at one time, and still sells quite a few shaving products. Hermes, that most upscale of brands, also sells a shaving soap and aftershave balm. There tends to be a big disconnect between the online wetshaving world and many shaving products suppliers. It therefore pays to look in the brick-and-mortar stores from time to time. You never know when one of those fancy shaving soaps will be 30 percent off.

crackstar likes this.
  7. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I have the discontinued Ralph Lauren Safari and Cacharel soaps, and the now possibly back in production Hermes soap. I also have a Terre d'Hermes shaving cream. Most coffrets now contain a shaving gel. I know Dior does the Eau Sauvage shaving cream.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    crackstar likes this.
  8. Otto

Otto Member

I got a puck of the Bvlgari in a kit that came with 3.4 oz of the MIB cologne along with a 0.5oz travel bottle. The puck, through the wrapper, smells amazing, and heard from others the performance is excellent. It is tightly sealed in a tin and will not open for at least another year when I finish other soaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crackstar and Bobcat like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

crackstar likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Mens Health Magazine lists the super-expensive stuff, too.

crackstar likes this.
  11. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

I recieved the gift boxed version of it for Christmas last year. The cologne, shave soap, and a/s splash. It's a wonderful, masculine scent. The shave soap is perhaps the most aromatic soap I've ever smelled. Really nice. Lathers up very well, and gives a decent amount of slickness and cushion. I've had no problems with it. Better than the regular soaps I use like WSP, Tabac, Shannon's or ToBS? Not quite, but it's good enough. The aroma in the morning...... Mmmm,Mmmm. Lady of the house LOVES it...

12. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

13. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

I picked one up a little while ago for $10... the scent is great but the performance (so far) doesn't impress me. We'll see how it is after a few more shaves.

14. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Van Yulay makes a version of this soap.