Cache of Concoctions (CoC)

Discussion in 'Soapmaking & Lotions' started by rick, May 1, 2007.

1. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

OH MY GOODNESS !! :eek:

.......................I better git some of that one :D

2. azshaver

azshaver Member

Recently I started shaving my head, so I thought I would try Headslick. Not so good by itself, but a squirt on the wool fat or VDH makes a nice cooling lather, slightly milder than Proraso. Finish the shave with skin bracer (I'm cheap, CVS works) for a cheek numbing cool shave. Feels good now that it has been hotter that 110 for a week.:D

3. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow, that sounds like a nice combo......you will have to advise of your results if you go for it :D

4. Padron

Padron Active Member

Sounds great, I bet the cooling effect is quite welcome in those hot temperatures :eek: :eek:

5. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

Part of me (well, a very small part, that I can easily ignore) wishes I hadn't ever seen this post. I just made my first SCream. The point is to use up my extras, right? Right? I have a bad feeling about that...:happy102

6. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Hehe... You end up with a lot of "extras" after a while :p

7. rick

I am Sooooo proud :D
    Another SCreamer is born.
    Keep us updated, grasshopper

8. ROCKET56

ROCKET56 New Member

This is GREAT ,better than Bubba Gump and shrimp.
    Cheers ,ROCKET:happy102

9. rick

Spritz of BayRum AS followed by a splash of Old Spice AS.

Check it.

10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

this may sound weird, but I finished my shave with Anherb A/S conditioner, then followed with a couple of sprays of Chabrawichi 555 cologne. That cologne is very lemony, and is great for hot weather.

11. Pokerstar

Pokerstar New Member

Perhaps I have my priorities all wrong...

1 part GIN, 3 parts Tonic

1 part VODKA, 3 parts Tonic

1 part Bourbon, 1 ice cube (oh, wait, that isnt a mix, sorry)

1 part VODKA, 3 parts Bloody Mary mix.

:rofl

12. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

ROFL..yeah..wrong priorities....at least wrong thread :happy102

13. Will

Will Nevermind

I see you are fitting in quite well around here. :happy102

Have you seen this yet?

14. rick

hmmmmmmmm........

those all sound pretty good but how are the moisturizing qualities ???

Osage Rub + Old Spice AS splash this morning.

15. riffin

riffin Active Member

I bought Rick's Men-U synth brush (nice!) and, as usual, he include a bunch of samples. I the insueing exhange, I mentioned a "recipe" for a shave lather. I thought I'd cc it here:

We'll see if my nose is up to picking out the combo. :)

Thanks! I'll post my reply on CoC, since it has this recipe:

Working my way through Ogallala Bay Rum Soap sample, I'd shave about 1/4 of the sample puck into my mug with a pocket knife and add KoS Women's chamomile and some Feather AS gel for extra moisture and stiffness in the latther. NICE! [Added: for an extra zing, I'd add just a bit of one of the Ogallala AS flavors to the mix.

Now that I'm done w/ that, I'm superlathering Tryphon Limes + Permafrost Blue and adding KoS + Feather. I love the citrus menthol combo.

16. The Chebb

The Chebb New Member

Doc Henry's Screaming Liquid Summer Ice Shower Mix

I've used this for the past week and damn does it cool you off in the most refreshing way. Pour 3 Parts Dr. Bronner's Organic Castile Soap Peppermint & 1 Part Dr. Bronner's Organic Castile Soap Lavender into one of those inexpensive soap dispensers you find at Walmart or the dollar store. Shake it like a polaroid :D I use a hemp washcloth and one spritz is good enough for a whole shower. To multiply the screaming, turn on the a/c before you go into shower...:shocked003 shiggity

17. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I want to try some sCream. I have some Conk Almond I would not mind changing a bit, anyone have an idea of a cream to mix with it? I also thought about doing JM F with TSD lime saop, but they are both so good on their own...

18. rick

Rodd:
    Mix the Conk with some of your Derby Menthol cream

Mill the soap (or melt it) and then just stir it into the cream.
    Sounds like a pretty good SCream to me.

19. Damon

Damon Member

Mint toner:

Boil 2 handfuls of mint leaves in 100gm of distilled water. Take about 5-15 (adjust for desired minty-ness) drops of it in a cup of distilled water to which half a tsp of alum has been added shake apply enjoy. Keeps for two weeks. Keep some in fridge for hot summer days. ahhhhhhh

20. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Sure this isn't a Mohito recipe? :D