Cache of Concoctions (CoC)

Discussion in 'Soapmaking & Lotions' started by rick, May 1, 2007.

1. Damon

Damon Member

Might have to just try that::

2. riffin

riffin Active Member

1 part Earth Science After Shave Skin Toner
    1 part glycerine
    2 parts aloe gel (I used Trader Joe's)

Added some Ogawalla Bay Rum Cologne for a nice scent.

3. apswartz

apswartz New Member

Oooh! This is what I do, but just one little squirt of the cream. Several pumps would be way too much!

4. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

CoC shave cream

Awhile back I had some SC tubes or jars with not enough for a shave or no more could be squeezed out of a tube. Cut the tube to get at the remains. Mixed them all together. I don't remember all the creams in it but it includes some TOBS and TSD. This hasn't been used in awhile and was slightly dried up. Just needed a little extra water. More cream will be added in the future although I'm a tad leery about adding Proraso to it.

5. riffin

riffin Active Member

I do that with anything that comes in a plastic tube. Hand cream, toothpaste, etc. I cut the tube just less than one length of my index finger. Then I scoop whatever is in the tail section and put it in the front part. Than I push the tail section back on until the tube is about half the original length. Whenever I want the product, I pull the tail off and scoop it out. It's amazing how much stuff is left in an "empty" tube.

6. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

SCreams: Mill, don't melt (for me, anyway)

I've got 4 new SCreams in production.

As background, I recently got four pucks of some homemade shaving soaps as gifts; they came from street fair vendors. The soaps are awful--the lather disappers nearly instantly. I won't even bother to "name names", because they're really not worth bothering with on their own. (Sadly. I hate to dismiss someone's good-faith try at helping our addictions.)

So...despite them not being glycerin based--the label wasn't completely clear to me, but they definitely aren't glycerin--naturally I had to do something to salvage them...

Bruttish Soap + KMF plain
    Bay Rum Soap + KMF plain
    Joy Shave (?) + KMF plain (a warm, pleasant earthy scent that I can't define)
    Mystery Soap + KMF plain (no label at all, just another pleasant earthy scent I can't define)

The Brut and Bay Rum are coming out especially well.

One learning tip: I'd previously made SCreams by melting the soaps, and even with roughly the same proportions of soap to cream, the mix turned out really, really hard. This time, I followed directions (sorry, Rick, I'm a slow learner) and milled the soaps. Holy cheese grater, Batman! What a difference! I'm not sure why it works better, but it does. The melted-soap versions work well, to be sure; but, I treat them as a soap in terms of loading the brush. They're that dense. These latest four however, look exactly like a dense high-end cream. Four days and counting 'til first use! :D

[I love this stuff. :love029]

7. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Its OK......grasshopper. We all learn at our own speed. Good for you !

:happy096

8. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

I'm bordering on "reverse" for a speed :ashamed001, but I'm very well intentioned :D!

9. rick

New AS Salve

Working on a new product and its not too bad.

1 part JASON 6-in-1 AS
    2 parts Witch Hazel
    3 parts Nivea AS Balm
    splash of Mary Kay Blemish Control Toner 3

will update when perfected :)

10. riffin

riffin Active Member

Is the Jason 6-in-1 back on the market? I had a ton of trouble getting it and gave up. I started play with aloe gel. Here my most recent mix:

4 parts aloe gel
    1 part 50:50 Vit E and Jojoba oil
    2 parts Superior 70 BR.

In other words:

8 parts aloe gel
    1 part Vit E oil
    1 part Jojoba oil
    4 parts BR

One can use any scent in place of the BR, maybe even some EO/FOs. Or leave it out altogether and put on a splash, EdT, cologne. The Vit E oils I use comes in a 4 oz bottle with 56,000 UI per bottle. It not the really thick stuff that comes in a 1 or 2 oz bottle. The aloe + oil is great!

11. rick

My latest and greatest.............ASB

CHL
    JASONS Witch Vera gel
    Nivea ASB
    Mary Kay Blemish Control Toner 3 ......................(Salycitic acid works as a keratolytic by causing the cells of the epidermis to shed more readily, preventing pores from clogging up, and allowing room for new cell growth. No mo ingrowns)

and Ive added some sunscreen to my Day time formula :0)

12. riffin

riffin Active Member

Just to clarify:

1) CHL = Corn Husker Lotion

2) JASONS Witch Vera gel? Is this a Jasons product or a CoC?

13. rick

1= Yes
    2 =
    [​IMG]..............yes.

I had been using regular WH but found my stuff to be really watery, so switched to this.
    The addition of a toner with Salycitic Acid has really kicked the batch up a notch..........ingrowns are gone and the face feels great,
    I have a really nice blend with a TON of great ingredients.

14. Special_K

Special_K New Member

Dipped my toes into concoctions yesterday evening...
    WH, CHL, AV Ice Blue, Aloe Vear Lotion

Used it this morning and it was actually very good, not tacky but still moisturizing.

15. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

This is magical! :D

16. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

GIs Home Made ASB

2 parts Witch Hazel
    1 part Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel
    1 part Corn Huskers Lotion
    2 parts Osage Rub

The color leaves a bit to be desired, kind of a snot, puke, forest service truck green but has a nice menthol kick and is quite cooling, soothing and moisturizing.

17. geneaut

geneaut Member

1 Part CVS Old Spice clone
    3 parts Master Bay Rum

18. rick

nice job for the bumpo................

Havent created anything NEW lately but nice to know others are still trying :eatdrink047

19. geneaut

geneaut Member

Made this tonight after a less than satisfactory shave this morning.Nirvana!

Thanks for sharing.

20. Dulouz

Dulouz Active Member

I made this and left out the Tea Tree oil. I've been mixing in some different fragrance oils, but I'm having a hard time masking the lotion-y smell. I don't want to go too heavy on the oils for fear of irritation.

Any suggestions?