Can Anyone ID this Safety Razor ?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Pureslab, May 16, 2010.

1. Pureslab

Pureslab New Member

Recent eBay win wrongly listed as a Gillette.

Attached Files:

2. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

Looks like the old 'Bic' colors.
    Logo_bic.jpg

3. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

I saw that one on the Bay. Seller claims it's a Gillette but I have my doubts. Did you win it?

4. Pureslab

Pureslab New Member

Yes I won it , looks interesting from the pics with the plastic & metal combo.

Anyone familiar with the possibly of it being a bic as mentioned ?

5. goshawk

goshawk Well-Known Member

The first name that popped into my head whe I saw the picture was "Wardonia" .

Best Regards

goshawk

6. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

This is a bit off subject, but have to add something that I've seen more of on the bay recently. And that is the incorrect labeling/listing of some razors. Much like the one Pureslab has shown, I saw a razor that was listed as a vintage Gillette adjustable. Fact is, it was a flare tip and NOT an adjustable. So, any newbies here, make sure that you enlarge the picture that the person provides to better correctly identify the razor that they are listing. Not sure if it's deceit or ignorance on the sellers part, but either way, protect yourself and if you have any doubts, post it here on TSD and ask for some input. There are some genuine Pros here that can identify most anything as far as razors go.

7. StephenDE

StephenDE New Member

I'll keep this in mind. I'd like to avoid the bay and buy from here or the usual other sources, but I'll keep this in mind when I'm looking.

8. wazazzle

wazazzle New Member

colors are dead give away its not a gillette

9. ferroburak

ferroburak New Member

Might be a BIC, does not look good to me sorry :(