Can we rank these blades from sharpest on down

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by scott wein, Oct 1, 2011.

1. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

and when we get bored with that we can go all Mythbusters and just blow something up for the fun of it!

scott wein and swarden43 like this.
  2. scott wein

scott wein Well-Known Member

started with the Ladas and had a great BBS shave. I realized I like the sharper blades. Thanx Phil.

3. FamousAmos

FamousAmos Member

That sounds kind of dangerous :D

scott wein likes this.
  4. scott wein

Shaved late yesterday, after work. Gonna build up some more stubble for shave two tomorrow with the Ladas. My face was smooth this am and if I shave after work i will never get on cycle:biggrin:

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Guys, don't forget also that different DE's can make a blade seem sharper, or milder. Very important.

scott wein likes this.
  6. scott wein

Agreed Jeff. The Ladas faded on shave three. I will try again when it comes up in rotation as shave two was unreal. Currently trying a Gillette Yellow Pack which is sharp as heck but providing good shaves.

crackstar likes this.
  7. crackstar

Scott, I used for the last 2 shaves a Lord Super with a 7 AM. That same blade in my Super Speed gives me a great shave, but in the Lord Super, I seem not to need a 3rd pass. I did that 3rd pass anyway, but I seemed to be very, very smooth after only 2 passes. I would call a 7 AM by itself a medium sharp blade, nowhere close as sharp as a Feather.

scott wein likes this.
  8. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I believe Scott is using the 7 O'Clock Sharpedge (yellow package) blades, not the 7am blades. I'd agree the 7am isn't very sharp, they tug on my face. The 7 O'Clock SE (yellow) however, is a very sharp blade that IMHO is just a little short of a feather.

scott wein and crackstar like this.
  9. scott wein

thanx jeff...i should have said that it was my sharpest yet, and i have a lot of blades here to try. thanx

crackstar likes this.
  10. crackstar

Oh I know they are different brands. The 7 O'Clocks are very sharp and good blades. I would be a little nervous to use them in a Lord Super.

scott wein likes this.
  11. scott wein

I think you may have nailed the blade. I took a pic so we can know for sure:

gillette yellow.jpg

crackstar likes this.
  12. crackstar

Hey, those blades are available sometimes here.

scott wein likes this.
  13. scott wein

thanx Jeff. Bullgoose picked me out five packs for me based on my feedback. I will look for them here if I make them a keeper.

14. Rexall

Rexall New Member

Yes blades are different and many are different for each person, but also, when blades seem to not be so good for me, I try them in a different razor and have been surprised that they turn out to be fine, just need o find the razor they work best in!

scott wein likes this.