Can you tell me which are the expensive soaps (> $30)?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Fly2High, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Sorry, I'm like a little bird ... CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!

Yehuda D likes this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

The almond scented is great. Makes me curious about the others.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

3. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Sorry I have not been around. Been enjoying my now 65 different soaps in silence.

As for why I ask for price? several.

1. Curiousity - are they made with different ingredients? What makes them more expensive? Not having the list I have no way of knowing what 'expensive' is in soaps.
    2. Gift - If someone has nearly everything, a pricier item might make a good gift that they might not have. If the gift was for myself, it falls in a bracket that I otherwise might not buy. Having so many soaps I no longer need volume and prefer variety. Why not try something different (if it's worth it)? Being worth it is a personal preference. For some, spending on a rare soap that reminds you of your father or grandfather shaving is priceless in that it brings back long ago memories.
    3. Comparison - I know that WSP makes a Rustic line that is suppose to be a copy of MdC. Maybe other vendors make copies of these expensive soaps too. Without a list, cannot ask. As it is, this point often comes up anyway.
    4. Assuming it is better, Special Day Shaves - I have a tendency of saving certain soaps for special occasions, holidays, etc. once you have plenty of soaps, certain ones become ones I like to use for certain days.

Enrico likes this.
  4. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Antica Barbieria Cola (also known as ABC) is running about $75,00. While I do like it a lot, it doesn't last at all.

5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Ok that explains a lot. Thank you for making it clear. I'll get back to you on my findings.

6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I think you'd have to include Wm.(Bill)Neumann's selections.