Canadian Bunny Razor Pass Around

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Hodge, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I’m happy to announce that I’ll be helping with the Bunny razor pass around for Canada. Here is how the Canadian Bunny Pass around will work:

Any Canadian wishing to test and evaluate the Bunny razor will be required to send me a PM noting your geographic location. My plan is have the Bunny razor travel from West to East and back again. I will poll the participants to see who is interested in the razor making a return trip back the way it came, giving each a chance to try the razor twice before ending back in BC with me. I will post the names of the participants in geographic order after the February 28th sign up deadline (about the time I expect the Bunny to arrive from Tom)
    I will include several brands of blades with the Bunny razor for anyone who doesn’t have blades (I know it can be difficult to find them up here). If you have blades to PIF, you’re encouraged to add them to the box (maybe you’ll get them back on the return trip).

Now to the rules.
    • Shave as often as you like but please forward the razor after you’ve had it for 10 days. If you don’t like it or are done with your evaluation early, no hard feelings – really! But please send it on sooner to make the wait shorter for your fellow shave fanatics.
    • Please post comments about your shaves. What works well, what would you change about the Bunny, and what you don’t like are all useful comments. Any and all ideas are welcome.
    • It is your responsibility to contact the next person after you for their address and to mail it to them in the box it arrives in. ( I will help facilitate this process through PM as well).
    . Please be sure it is insured for $50 as you are responsible for the razor from the time you receive it until the time the next person receives it.
    • A tracking number must be assigned to the shipment and you agree to PM the tracking number to me and to the next person on the list when you ship it.
    • Prior to shipping the razor, you also agree to disinfect it and to send it with a blade loaded. Do NOT send the razor on without a blade loaded.
    • After you receive the razor please let us know that you received it with a post on the thread.

I recommend that you sterilize the razor when you receive it and replace the blade. The mild comb (MILD) is highly recommended for your first shave. After that, please experiment with combs and blades as you see fit and let us know what you learn.

As this is a shaving forum activity we want to accommodate all who want to try the Bunny razor. After all that is part of the fun. We do not know how many want to have a try with them. If there are a lot it may take a while to get to you. I hope you will understand.

2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Just an FYI, all Canadian tracked packages via C.P. come with $100 insurance.
    Let the fun begin.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  3. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Thanks Rob. I basically copied and pasted the pass around rules from my American buddy. :D

4. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Heads up the razor has been mailed to your Bunny Rep

Tom

5. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

It looks like the Bunny has arrived in Montreal. Soon to be at his new home.

Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  7. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

I would love to be part of the pass-around, if possible. :)
    Roger, I'll send you a PM, shortly.

8. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Youre on the list Celestino.

I will be posting a photo of the Canadian Bunny once I get it in my grubby little hands next week, have a couple shaves with it and get it on its west to east and back again road trip shortly thereafter.

9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Go go [​IMG]

Hodge, Billyfergie and twhite like this.
  10. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

The Canadian Bunny pass around will look like this:
    1. Me
    2. Roderick (Grand Praire AB)
    3. Celestino (Vancouver BC)
    4. targa88 (Calgary AB)
    5. Red Rider (Mississauga ON)
    6. Douglas Carey (Carelton Place ON)
    7. Jean-Marie Zeitouni (QC)
    8. Spud (PEI)
    If everyone is still interested, the Bunny can return back the way it came with everyone getting a second try (maybe with a different blade or comb?). Seeing SPUD is the current turn around man, he has the option of keeping it for an extended trial.

Hopefully everyone can take a photo with the Bunny near a landmark in your respective city and share with the group.

I'll keep the group up to date through pm or on here or both:D

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    Douglas Carey, Red Rider and Karl G like this.
  11. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Is there an ETA on the Bunny's arrival and maiden shave in Canada? :signs002:

twhite likes this.
  12. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

It departed Montreal QC on Feb 23rd on route to its destination, as stated by USPS tracking.
    Im not sure why it went to Eastern Canada from the Western USA on its way to Western Canada, but who am I to question the Postal Service and their infinite wisdom:D
    It hasnt cleared customs but likely it will happen when it reaches BC, which may take a day or two then to me....im guessing Wednesday...:)

twhite likes this.
  13. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Umm, maybe they were competing with the Royal Mail or European postal services? :cool:

twhite likes this.
  14. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Maybe the pilots are owner operators get paid mileage?

Karl G likes this.
  15. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Wow! Montreal, firstly, then BC! What a trip for a Bunny! :D

Roger, should we post our impressions of the razor in this thread?

Karl G and Robyflexx like this.
  16. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Yes, lets keep our Canadian Bunny shaving impressions here. Unless of course we're supposed to be posting elsewhere, and it that case hopefully someone will jump in to point us in the right direction.

Robyflexx and Karl G like this.
  17. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Keeping them on their respective zones is fine. You can always copy and paste to other posts. @Karl G posts on the SE and injector, homemade and east coast. or just posts the link on all the others. Keeping his review on the East coast page.

What ever works for you. It is supposed to be Fun.

Tom

macaronus, Karl G, Robyflexx and 2 others like this.
  18. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Still no Bunny and no further update from postal tracking other than to say it is en route to its final destination....:sad023:

Karl G likes this.
  19. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

These long waits are torture.

Karl G and Robyflexx like this.
  20. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I wasnt holding out too much hope on today being the day....but tomorrow I might start to get giddy.......

Karl G, twhite and Robyflexx like this.