Canadian Rocket / Super-Speed question

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by mr-razor, Jun 4, 2009.

1. mr-razor

mr-razor Well-Known Member

I´ve received this set: a Canadian Rocket with date code W2 (1951), no "Made in...", no Patend Pending or Brit.Pat. inside the head and a hollow handle like a Super-Speed. Another collector tolds me, that he have the same set from 1952 (X1). Are any informations available about this razor? Is it a Rocket or a Super-Speed and where it was manufactured? Chris, any idea? :confused::confused:

Attached Files:

2. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Very interesting Achim. To my eyes it looks like a Super Speed in a Rocket case. The lack of a stamp of origin is odd?

It does say the razor that belongs in the case should be made in England. Why would a US style SS be made in England and not state that fact on the razor.

I can't say I've seen a Canadian TTO before. There's plenty of old types, NEW's and Tech's that say made in Canada though.

3. mr-razor

mr-razor Well-Known Member

But a Super-Speed has "PAT.NOS.ON PKG" inside the head and "Made in..." under the head. And the other guy had received the same match with a X1 Rocket/Super-Speed from Canada too. Have you seen those razor before?

4. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I have always thought of the gap above the TTO as the as the defining part of a Rocket. Very interesting find!!

5. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

I have a few Canadian Rockets with the same box - all without date stamps and stamped made in england - maybe once they started date codes they left off the origin?

6. Tommy C

Tommy C New Member

To me it looks like my '40 Super Speed but I will let the experts decide. ;)