Cartridge razors in India?

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by GoldenHandTheJust, Dec 20, 2017.

1. My college is about to start soon, and I have to shave extremely quick for that. I normally use a Mach 3 (I shave every day because I want to look good) I'm willing to look at other alternatives in India which can be bought in shops and not online.

How are the SuperMax razors?

gorgo2 likes this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

A shave with a real razor does not take any longer then a cart shave you know.

AGHisBBS and swarden43 like this.
  3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I've heard good things about the Gillette Guard, and I believe they are available in India. I hope to try them one day. @billdog2 has used them recently, and he may be able to offer more specifics.

I occasionally use a Dorco Pace 3 cartridge razor, and I like it. If you can find this razor in your local shops, I would highly recommend it.

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Alarm clocks are adjustable ;)

5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    "Rimshot"

TitanTTB, AGHisBBS and swarden43 like this.
  6. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

A cartridge razor is also a real razor, but yes indeed, my bathroom time hardly takes longer with a DE razor shave than with a cartridge razor one.

If you are set on a cartridge razor; I think the twin blade (Gillette Trac compatible) cartridges can be found in many places, and are not much more expensive than (highstreet prices for) DE blades.

--
    Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

SuperMax carts are carried at Big Lots and I've had nothing but good shaves with all the ones I've tried.

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Maybe so, but do they have Big Lots in India?

9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I assume SuperMax, being of Indian manufacture, is readily available there?

10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

When it comes to razors I feel kinda like you do with a watch. If it is a cart it is not a real razor.

11. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

There's a lot more difference between a quartz watch and a mechanical one than between a Trac II cartridge and an injector blade, in my opinion ;) And even the Schick Krona DE, with the peculiar head profile, is not too far removed from some vintage cartridge designs.

I prefer loose blades, by the way, if only for environmental reasons. There's a lot less plastic to throw away.

COMPNOR and wchnu like this.
  12. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

Gillette Guard FTW.

@wristwatchb if you want to try a Guard I'd be happy to send you one.

wristwatchb likes this.
  13. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks Jacob. I appreciate it! PM sent.

14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I stick by my answer. Carts are not real razors at all. It also does not talk a huge amount of time for a traditional wet shave. Alarm clocks are adjustable as pointed out. It is all a matter of your outlook. Most younger people these days can not manage time at all. Just a grumpy old guy pratting away of course.