Cella Compendium/Compilation Thread

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Legend In My Spare Time, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

Ah, Cella. :love029:

[​IMG]

For me, Italy hasn't created a finer soap than Cella Extra Extra Purissima - The rich, almond/marzipan scented, luxurious lather that offers immense protection, slickness, and an all-around world class shave at a low cost. Cella can easily hold its own against some of the top performing artisan soaps on the market today. There is a reason this has been around and unchanged since 1899 - It just works and does its job superbly. This should be a staple in all shave dens.

Yesterday, I had my third kilo brick delivered and it is now exclusively the only soap I use. It is sudsy perfection for my face. I know it isn't the most popular soap in the wet shaving world, but I felt like there should be a collection of Cella related shaving questions and comments that all could go into one thread.

You tried Cella for the first time - Loved or Hated It? Let us know!
    Had a fantastic shave with Cella? Tell us about it!
    Lucius lather pics? Share 'em!
    Questions/Comments of all types related to Cella? Ask away!

2. Legend In My Spare Time

First! :p

I didn't shave this morning with my Cella, but like always - I started out the day with a wonderful Cella face scrub. I soak my boar brush and lather up like usual. But, instead of shaving, I give my entire face a relaxing scrub for a nice exfoliation before hopping in the shower. Starting my day with that sweet almond scent really puts a smile on my face. :D

The rest of the day, my face is silky smooth, hydrated, and feels great. I love it.

3. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I haven't tried it yet, but it is on the list. My problem is that I like a lot of different scents just as much as I like the performance of a soap.

Sent via mobile - Chris

Kokak, DBart., RetLEO-07 and 2 others like this.
  4. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I've had numerous shaves using Cella over the years. I've always enjoyed the strong, distinct almond scent — although my wife isn't crazy about it—and the lather is quite good. Cella has been squeezed out of the daily rotation mainly due some other top-quality & top-performing soaps that have found favor (assorted scents from Route 66, Crowne & Crane, Soap Commander, Stirling, MdC, MWF) but I may have to be more intentional about working the Cella Crema da Barba back in.

[​IMG]

ischiapp, BigD, Kokak and 6 others like this.
  5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

The a/s is quite moisturizing as well. The scent is closer to Eternity cologne though; it smells nothing like Cella soap.

6. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

Cella will always be in my rotation--couldn't imagine not having it!

7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'm impressed that Cella is your only soap.

8. Legend In My Spare Time

Oh man, you have no idea. I'm a complete Cellaholic through and through. For me, there is just nothing better. I'm also a minimalist and like to keep everything streamlined and organized. Plus, I have so many allergies, Cella is a blessing because it doesn't light my face on fire.

Cella.jpg

Unboxed my Cella - cut it into manageable sizes, wrapped the chunks in several layers of plastic wrap, put them into a tupperware storage, and tucked them in the freezer. I have enough Cella to last about 2 years now. :)

9. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

Definitely a Cella fan. Gotta admit it sort of blows my mind to think that you're working on your 3rd kilo of Cella!

When it comes to value for money, Cella is in the hall of fame for sure & it'll always have a place in my rotation.

10. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I've never tried Cella. Now you make me want to try it. Gee thanks, another addition to my want list

Kokak, RetLEO-07, DesertTime and 3 others like this.
  11. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

when I first started out wet shaving I wanted to give Cella a try. Ended up getting some other soaps and creams to try. But never forgot about wanting to try Cella. Finally picked some up a few months ago and was not disappointed. It's very easy to lather and I get great irritation free shaves with it and a nice post shave feel. I'm now using it on a weekly basis and when I'm not sure what I'm in the mood for shaving with. Cella usually gets the nod. It will be staying in my rotation for sure.

12. Terry Williams

Terry Williams Well-Known Member

Cella is my go to soap when I'm having irritation issues. I have lots of others, but there is something about the lather that feels like home. I'm not big on the almond scent but it doesn't overpower me. If you've never tried it, get a sample from Maggard's and see how you like.

13. Legend In My Spare Time

You won't be disappointed! It is an amazing soap worthy of all the praise it gets. I'd recommend picking up the kilo brick. An awesome value for soap.

As of now, Cella is the only soap I've tried that doesn't make my face break out in itchy, red welts. Having dermatitis allergies are no fun, lol. Cella provides the most protective shave and leaves my face feeling incredibly hydrated and soothed.

Exactly! I just get that comforting feeling what I slather that amazing almond soap on my ugly mug. I've used others, but have settled on Cella as my "soulmate shave soap," lol.

Kokak, Terry Williams and mrchick like this.
  14. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I use Cella often. Just received a bottle of the after shave earlier this week. Very nice scent but does not smell like the soap. Cella makes a wonderful lather and gives a very "slick" shave. However - I like my bay rum and woodsy scented soaps as well. So Cella will be in the regular rotation but this one tub will last me quite awhile. The only complaint I have is that the tub is on the small side and makes loading the brush a bit sloppy.

cella1.jpg

BigD, Kokak, DE Cartman and 2 others like this.
  15. Legend In My Spare Time

Just finished another wonderful night shave with my beloved Cella. As always, it provided a luxurious slick and protective lather that just explodes off your brush. Face-feel afterwards is nothing but buttery smooth and relaxed. What a terrific soap!

Totally thinking of making a shave stick out of Cella and seeing how that goes. Has anyone ever made a shave stick from it before?

Kokak likes this.
  16. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I used to use Cella with some regularity, but Stirling Almond Creme smells almost identical to me, and I preferred the lather a bit. (Not trying to rub it in, as I know you can't use it.) It is a good soap, and I love the scent.

17. Legend In My Spare Time

I'm an almond scented fiend and I believe Stirling has a better scent with their Almond Creme than Cella does. Haha, no worries. I love both of the soap's scent, but Stirling's does getting better ratings from me.

I'm always amazed about how much water Cella can hold. There are times when I think I put too much water in my brush, but it just makes it an incredibly slicker soap with more cushion. A fantastic soap.

18. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Unfortunately, I do not get along with any almond scented soaps. I end up with a low grade reaction to them which isnt too much fun.

19. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

Love me some cella...and I think they have the COOLEST box out there.

20. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Wow. This is your only soap. You must really like it. Or is a great soap. Sadly my tub lost its scent , I think because I kept my soaps near the sun. (They have since been move to a better environment.) I should really get another tub as I really like this soap, but it may be some time before I can once again enjoy its wonderful fragrance or feel its luxurious lather on my skin as I am on a No Buy for as long as possible. On the plus side I can loom forward to the day I can once again use this Italian wonder.

Sent from my LG-V480 using Tapatalk