Cella Compendium/Compilation Thread

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Legend In My Spare Time, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Today was Cella day for me. Very nice shave indeed.
    sod170302.JPG

2. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Great thread:). Cella was my first soap starting out. To me , this is the epitome of what a traditional shave soap should be. Cella is always in rotation. BTW I prefer the older design on the container.

IMG_0316.JPG

3. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

My tub of Cella lasted me a year of six shaves per week. Fantastic product. Is there a difference between the tub and the block?

4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Wow. You don't waste any soap, do you?

5. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

Beautiful photo! And I also decant all my aftershaves/witch hazel into glass spray bottles as well. Makes application so much easier and they're great for travel.

And another gorgeous photo! Cella is my baseline soap and it is what I've compared all other soaps to. It was my first soap I learned how to dial in a perfect lather with and has a special place in my heart/shave den.

How does Cella perform with a straight? A straight is another rabbit hole I'm looking into diving down, lol.

I've heard that there is a slight formulation difference between the Tub and Block. Although, I've shaved with both extensively and have found little difference between the two. The one noticeable difference is the tub has a slightly stronger scent profile, but overall they perform identically for me. :)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    Kokak, TheFiveO, Ksblazer and 3 others like this.
  6. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

The dark side is recruiting right now for new members! Just ask @Jayaruh . The straights really require a nice slick lather. As you are aware, Cella fits the bill in that area exceptionally well. I invite you to stop by the enablers at the straight section, we'd love to help you out!

7. Legend In My Spare Time

I just might make my way over there, lol. I do love my Pre-War Gillette Tech paired with my Cella though. There's just something about a straight razor that has always intrigued me.

And I had a wonderful face scrub this morning with my boar brush and Cella from the red tub. Face is clean, hydrated, and ready to start the day. :)

Kokak likes this.
  8. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Hooked!

9. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Beware, once you go there, shaving without a straight razor may feel different.
    Although I enjoy my de's immensely, I somehow always think I could have used a straight razor.

10. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Since I just received my first Italian soap(Razorock XXX) I've been looking to expand. May have to drop some cash on Cella.

11. RetLEO-07

Pulled the trigger on the purchase of a tub of Cella. Also picked up another Dominello Vitali Calming Post Shave Moisturizer while I was at it.

12. Legend In My Spare Time

You won't be disappointed if you enjoyed Razorock. I've tried RR before, but something in their P.160 had my face break out. Although, the shave itself was great.

Enjoy your new Cella! :)

Kokak likes this.
  13. RetLEO-07

It's still enroute. Hopefully have it by next weekend. XXX tomorrow.

14. Legend In My Spare Time

Had another amazing shave with my Cella tonight. I re-purpose old TOBS Cream containers because it is far easier to lather the Cella in there than the little red tub. I break down my kilo into about 8-10 chunks and keep them in wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in the freezer - I just finished up my Cella in the TOBS container and loaded it again with some more from the fresh kilo I bought.

This fresher soap coupled with a brand new Omega Pro 49 I broke in, resulted in a supremely rich and yogurt-y explosion of quality lather. One of my best shaves I've had in awhile. Effortlessly glided over my skin with tons of protection. My face is smooth as it has been in a long time, soothed, and hydrated. I really dialed in the water-to-soap ratio on this shave and it totally payed off. :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    Kokak and RetLEO-07 like this.
  15. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I USED to be a cellaholic. I even bought a 1K block of the extra-extra and used it regularly for about a year. Unfortunately, I had a jar of Cella that turned. Ever since then I can not stand the smell of Cellla.

16. Legend In My Spare Time

I can definitely understand that. Although, I've never had Cella turn on me. I've had an older tub turn a little yellow and have more of a play-doh scent, but I just relegated that to shower duty.

Now, Speick was a soap that I couldn't even be in the same room with. I blindly ordered it once after hearing rave reviews of the scent and it was one of the most atrocious soaps I've ever smelled, lol. PIFed it straight away.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  17. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

To my nose, Speick smells exactly like Desitin. Or whatever brand diaper creme we always used. It is fantastic cream, but all I could ever think about was changing diapers. It got PIFfed.

18. Legend In My Spare Time

After getting a good sized dollop of Cella lather in my mouth this morning, I can safely say it doesn't taste like it smells, lol.

19. RetLEO-07

:happy097:
    Don't mean to laugh at the misfortune of others...ah, who'm I kidding. Sorry dude.

20. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

So why would you want to lather with your mouth open? :D