Cella Compendium/Compilation Thread

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Legend In My Spare Time, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Kokak

Kokak Well-Known Member

Curios: where you loading your brush directly from the tub? I have been using a cosmetic scrapper/spoon to take a small 'snurdle' of the soap I am about to shave with and put it into my lather bowl. This way water never touches the soap directly.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Used the Cella for this morning's shave. As usual a great smelling, slick lather. I swirl from the tub after blooming and then let it sit open to air dry until I come home from work.
    No issues so far.

Kokak likes this.
  3. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Yes i was but id doubt thats what did it. Ive heard others having the same problem when cella gets old.

But im not going to say water couldn't play a part in it.

Kokak likes this.
  4. theFAT98

Im very particular about my soaps. After shaving i rinse the soap off completely and then let it air dry for 24 hours then i put the cap back on. I have soaps that are 7 years old and have had no problem with them.

Cella lasted maybe 2 years for me.

Kokak likes this.
  5. RetLEO-07

If it getting old is the problem, I may have to use it every day now. What a sacrifice :)

Kokak and theFAT98 like this.
  6. theFAT98

Hahahaha. I love cella and im definitely not knocking it. It basically lathers itself.

I just cant buy it again until i decide to cut down on the number of soaps i own.

7. RetLEO-07

This morning. Check the 30DC later.
    That is all.
    Update: Very nice DFS+ shave with Cella Crema Da Barba earlier. JR#161 whipped up a great lathering that my Schick Krona mowed down ably assisted by the Voskhod.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  8. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

Another fantastic Cella shave this afternoon. My wife was out with her friends, so I figured I'd get an early shave in. Slick and protective as usual. At this point, I don't even know why I have other soaps. It is just so good.

theFAT98, Kokak and AGHisBBS like this.
  9. Legend In My Spare Time

Wonderful shave this afternoon thanks to my Cella. I even managed to go against the grain on my neck without zero irritation. Today's lather was exceptionally creamy and slick. I did load my brush for about an extra 15 seconds, so that may have something to do with. Also, I'm tinkering around with the amount of water and think I really hit the mark today. Wow, that was a great shave. :)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    Tedolph, AGHisBBS, Kokak and 2 others like this.
  10. RetLEO-07

:happy088: :shaver

11. RetLEO-07

Used Cella this morning in conjunction with my Gillette 1911 OLD. Had a GSB loaded. BBS shave(2nd of the week). I really love the scent, slickness and post shave feel of this classic soap. Add a splash of Cella A/S and you're living brother!

12. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

Cella lathered with an Omega '49. As close to the best Bang for the Buck soap/brush combination as one can attain, in my opinion. Both top contenders in terms of performance at their price point.

I have a bunch of creams I need to use my way through, but I can see a time in the future when all I use is Cella (and the lifetime supply of MdC I have on hand...)

Keep your Cella cool and store in in a nice dark place, and it will last for years.

13. Legend In My Spare Time

No joke about the Omega 49 paired with Cella. It is almost like they were created to be together. I can whip up a beastly lather with that combo. In fact, its the only combo I've been using the last 3 weeks. It is too perfect for my face.

Kokak and entropy1049 like this.
  14. RetLEO-07

Cella was up this morning. JJ#1 lathered it up great and my 1911 Gillette Single Ring OLD mowed down my weekday stubble.
    IMG_0779.JPG Ahhh, Cella :shaver

Kokak and DE Cartman like this.
  15. DE Cartman

DE Cartman Well-Known Member

I love me some Cella!
    [​IMG]

16. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

After I shave with Cella I want to eat myself. I know that sounds a bit creepy, but it is genuinely how I feel.

This thread has inspired me to pull it back out of the recesses of my den.

Kokak, theFAT98 and RetLEO-07 like this.
  17. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I bought a 1kg Cella block and used it for the first time a few days ago. What a wonderful soap and super value too.

Kokak, theFAT98 and AGHisBBS like this.
  18. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

In theory wouldn't cutting up the brick and sealing the portions make it keep longer ? The question is, should one freeze the sealed portions ? What say ye gentlemen ?

Kokak and theFAT98 like this.
  19. Grick

Grick Active Member

My Bella Cella arrived today along with a mug of FIgaro. They both have the same smell and the same consinstency, though Figaro is a bit more dry. So how do these two compare?

20. Legend In My Spare Time

That's what I do. I keep my unused portion wrapped in plastic-wrap, in a rubbermaid container, and in the freezer. I also cut mine into pre-sized portions as well and I've never had a problem. A fantastic soap!

Kokak and BigMark83 like this.