Chinese knock-offs and "Engrish"

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Shotwell, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

I got another Chinese razor in the mail today. The "Engrish" wasn't as amusing as the wording on the Weishi box I got a week ago, which read:

""Inimitable rotating handle" and
    "Needlessly load and unload shaver" (both seemingly apropos of nothing.

This one was advertised as a "JunJie" razor on eBay (I paid $1.97 including shipping!) but the package it came in doesn't say JunJie anywhere. Instead, it says it is a "Ri,Mei" razor (comma included in the name in two places on the box) and then goes on to state, and I quote:

"Our nailclippers, the brand name being RI,MEI, are made from good quality materials with extra care. Highly advanced techniques are adopted in the product design, mould facture (sic), heat treatment, polishing and electroplating, so that each technical target of our product is above the standards of light industry newly issues."

Whatever that means. And clearly, these are not nailclippers.

On the front of the package is what I assume to be their logo (the red oval below):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409935643.233234.jpg

So I am not sure if the logo is supposed to be an extremely busty woman with spiky hair, or (my first guess) the sun shining out of someone's rear end. :)

The blade that came packaged with it says "Since 1875" -- which also strikes me as odd. But possible, I suppose, for them to have been in manufacturing that long... Just not making DE blades since then. Obviously.

Anyone else got good Engrish examples to share?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
  2. droberts0503

droberts0503 Well-Known Member

Not a razor but I still have no idea what they really meant.

Attached Files:

Shotwell likes this.
  3. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

It's too inappropriate for me to post the video and might offend some people, but South Park and Team America come to mind with the topic. But hopefully it's what you were looking for.

BigT likes this.
  4. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

It is sunrise over the mountains - A Chinese symbol of good luck.

Shotwell and Boojum1 like this.
  5. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

It looks more like the Teletubbies sun baby feeding.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    Shotwell and markjnewcomb like this.
  6. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

Maybe because you need a lot of luck to come away unscathed when using one of these things. ;)