Chop up a Derby shave stick?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PumperNickel-BageL, Mar 25, 2018.

1. PumperNickel-BageL

PumperNickel-BageL Active Member

I would consider it a display of skill and dexterity if I can exceed the 158 =)

Yeah, I ordered 3 cases of the Derby sticks (36 sticks) without ever having smelled them. So I guess I am as they say in poker "Pot-Committed" now. With 18 years worth of the stuff.

I will probably allow myself to shave 2 days with fancy artisan soaps and the other 5 days with the Derby. It will probably have me appreciate the artisan soaps more :kngt:

I already force myself to brush teeth with Pepsodent or Aim brand toothpaste that costs 75 cents per large tube so that will give you an idea what kind of guy I am.

2. PumperNickel-BageL

LoL!

I hear same company that makes Arko just came out with a matching aftershave too:

[​IMG]

Edison Carter, Enrico, brit and 2 others like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Nothing wrong with a thrifty shave. Many profess to have started wet shaving with the idea of saving a few bucks. A few minimalists actually have avoided the multiple rabbit holes. I wish you good shaves, Sir!

As often happens, products get reformulated over time. Usually for the worst. Owning cases of a product you like is sound Boy Scout philosophy.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Off topic, perhaps? ;)

Edison Carter likes this.
  5. Bama Samurai

Welcome to TSD! I look forward to your exercise.

6. Bama Samurai

Must use as stick to do my experiment. :)

7. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

[​IMG]

8. Bama Samurai

I know. Once I got to 99, @RyX had to teach me the rest of the numbers.

9. brit

brit in a box

it will last a while in there too...

Edison Carter and RyX like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

i just grated a derby stick into a small bowl and tamped it down .loaded the brush and bowl lathered it .first use ,worked well .not my favorite but did the job.

Edison Carter and RyX like this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

If I bought a sick of Arko today and I lived to 120; they'd be able to bury it with me. At least it'd keep the worms and zombies away.

Edison Carter, Primotenore and brit like this.
  12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Freudian...:happy097:

Edison Carter and brit like this.
  13. PumperNickel-BageL

Try rubbing the stick on your wet face and then face lather it and let us know your results. Because I think Derby and Arko work better as face lather soaps

RyX, Edison Carter and brit like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

w
    will give it a go at some point.thank you,gary

RyX and Edison Carter like this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

So true!

Primotenore likes this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

as a mechanic for 30 plus years and being elbow deep in chemicals alot of the time i truly enjoy the benefits of better artisan soaps ,creams and products.has made a huge difference for me.old school soaps are great but they are more the treat for me now.enjoy.maybe i am spoiled a little now .