Cigar Today, Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Aedan382, Dec 28, 2012.

1. 59Bassman

59Bassman Member

Tonight will either be a Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne or a Fuente Maduro Cuban Corona. Have a new ashtray to break in.

azsteelman likes this.
  2. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

I was going to start a cigar thread; I'm glad I found this one. Nine times out of ten, my choice is an Alec Bradley Black Market Gordo. This morning, it was an ABBM Torpedo; my cigar shop was out of Gordos. I also keep a bottle of Gentleman Jack in my locker at El Humidor.

azsteelman likes this.
  3. 59Bassman

59Bassman Member

Last night's smoke was blown out due to winds and watching the Master's. So tonight, breaking in a new ashtray. Fuente Short Story after dinner.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    Adonis, Bobcat and azsteelman like this.
  4. rmcintyre84

Excellent cigar. The Hemmingway was my "go-to" cigar for years.

Bobcat likes this.
  5. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I too love the Fuente Hemmingway's.

6. rmcintyre84

A couple years ago, as I was traveling with another pastor, I said, "If God were to show up in the back seat of this car right now and say, 'Richard, I'm giving you two choices: (1) you can have a harem of the most beautiful women in the world, it won't be a sin, and your wife won't care, or (2) you can smoke all the cigars you want, and you'll never suffer an negative consequences,' I wouldn't have to think for even a second . . . I'd take the cigars."

RetLEO-07 and azsteelman like this.
  7. 59Bassman

59Bassman Member

This June I'm finally getting to take my dad for his Christmas present (a knife-making experience). Most of my memories of my dad involve him having a JR Ultimate #1 somewhere around him. I recently bought a travel humi and will make sure I've got a selection of nice cigars with me, most likely some AF Hemingways, some Perdomo Champagnes, and perhaps a few Tatuaje Cabaiguans for after the steak dinner.

rmcintyre84 and azsteelman like this.
  8. rmcintyre84

That sounds like an awesome trip. Enjoy.

9. 59Bassman

59Bassman Member

[​IMG]

Perdomo 10th anniversary Champagne in the Toro size. First time I've had a Champagne. What an awesome cigar. Currently pairing with Old Weller 107 over ice. Very nice smoke.

Adonis likes this.
  10. rmcintyre84

A Friday morning Perdomo Lot 23.
    Cigar 1 (800x600).jpg

11. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I had a buddy give me a couple new sticks from Joye de Nicaragua the weekend. They were an excellent smoke: Joya de Nicaragua Antono's Dark Corojo.

[​IMG]

Adonis and azsteelman like this.
  12. rmcintyre84

My birthday smoke: an Alec Bradley Black Market Gordo. I treated everyone at El Humidor to a glass of Gentleman Jack from my private stash.
    Cigar 3 (800x600).jpg

Bobcat and azsteelman like this.
  13. bzero007

bzero007 Active Member

Buddy brought this over on Sunday for my bday grill.
    I really enjoyed it and it smoked excellent.
    uploadfromtaptalk1398816253863.jpg

Adonis and Bobcat like this.
  14. jpb437

jpb437 Active Member

Ashton Classic Prime Minister Connecticut Churchill for me today. The first half was too mild but good and the second half was fantastic but still really mild.

Bobcat likes this.
  15. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, fellas!

rmcintyre84 likes this.
  16. rmcintyre84

Thanks!

17. jimmy Mac

jimmy Mac Well-Known Member

[quote="Aedan382, post: 547613, membeexcellent dailysmokeI see multiple scotch and pipe tobacco threads, but I haven't seen a cigar thread. I'm a huge cigar enthusiast, including being part of a 7 year running podcast (I've been around it for 2 years myself)

So who else likes a stogie? And what's your favorite one? What's the most recent stick you've had?[/quote]
    I am enjoying a GAR vintage 2005. Am exvellent

18. jimmy Mac

Todays smoke is a GAR vintage 2005. Great daily smoke.

19. rmcintyre84

My Mom and her Mother's Day smoke. ;)
    Mom Cigar (529x800).jpg

Adonis and jimmy Mac like this.
  20. jimmy Mac

What a great way to relax on mothers day. Happy mothers day to all the moms out there.