Classic Barbershop Scent

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Rusty blade, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Otto

Otto Member

One alternative I did was to take a sample puck of Mystic Water's unscented soap and add some splashes of Pinaud Clubman. Seal the tin and let it soak in. You can repeat with extra splashes as you consume the puck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

and now, having said all this, I'll give each a try in the near future. I have the Clubman Regular aftershave, which should help "drown out" any issues with these shaving items. Each one is supposed to be a bit like the Vanilla and supposed to blend in well with the regular A.S.

3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I just got a jar of the soap, and I was relatively disappointed with the scent. It isn't strong enough to notice or even care how close a match it is to the AS. It is a decently performing soap, but pretty much a letdown scent wise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Robyflexx likes this.
  4. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I recently picked up my first bottle of Pinaud Clubman AS. As some of you have noted...it is the barbershop scent I remember from years ago. I also note this AS has some staying power...won't be able to wear this during the week. With most of my ASBs the scent wears off by the time I get to work.

5. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

Scent and performance wise, I would put Maggard's at the top. I think they really nailed the scent, plus it is a tallow soap and nearly as slick as Stirling---also one of my Barbershop favorites!