Clean/polish/ Revamp razors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Tallships, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

Before I send out my old Gillette Adjustable's ( Slim,had since it came out, Fatboy, my Dad bought, my BB is no need) to have Revamped in Nickle. I have a recently acquired set of Gillette Adjustable's I'd like Fatboy and BB taken apart, cleaned, polished and adjusted, the Slim Revamped in Nickle. If done right , I'll send out my personal set. Been thinking about Razor Emporium, turn over seems fast for there cleaning and up to 6-8 wk. for revamp. have heard some unsatisfactory reports about them, so can use some advice. Thanks for your help.

Denis

2. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

If I may quote Screwtape...

"1. Razor Replating .com - Chris. Absolutely the best at replating and works with Cap for repairs.

2. Hibco - looks like it does excellent replating too, been at it for 25 years, no negative reviews that I could find. And like Chris, does minor repairs, tuning at same time as part of stripping the razor.

3. Sport Shaving . com in Shreveport LA. Sells restored razor sets and also does repairs and replates. Been at it for awhile, a few good reviews, nothing bad said, but couldn't find much one way or the other. Since I would have to mail from Canada anyway, location in the US is irrelevant to me.

4. Recoating - Delta Echo. Excellent reputation as a user of Cerakote on razors.

5. Recoating - North Shore Razors in Hawaii. Is recommended by Chris at Razor Replating for razor gun coating."

wristwatchb, Demidog and jmudrick like this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

4. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen the incredible price hikes at RE? Yikes! No way I'll ever send them anything else. They do great work tho. I sent an email to confirm my eyes. The $99 Slims I did last year are like $159 now.

Chris at RazorPlate will get my work. In fact, I have a date for 3 pieces with him. I even get to meet him for lunch and hand them over in person. Great guy he is. More on him from me in March... And then I'll review his work when I get it all back.

Jorvaljr, Screwtape and jimjo1031 like this.