Cleaning Razors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by fishcrow, Dec 22, 2011.

1. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Yesterday for the first time I used Scrubbing Bubbles to clean two Valet razors. I was so overly impressed with the results I went ahead and cleaned all razors with Scrubbing Bubbles. I thought my razors were clean before, this just brought them to the next level of clean.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Scrubbing Bubbles - cleans, disinfects & shines!

3. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

From experience - Get a can of SB and hide it for yourself. Around my house, people steal my SB and, apparently, just spray it all over the bathrooms! I live with some sick people.:D

Queen of Blades and supe like this.
  4. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I think SB came about from some shaver trying to get his razors clean noticing the sink was nice and shiny afterward and then started spraying it on soap scummy things in the bathroom. Realizing where the money was, he then canned it and sold it to SJ Johnson. Now he shaves with nothing but high end gear....replaces the blade between every pass, you know how it is.

Johnny likes this.
  5. rsquared

rsquared New Member

My aunt has a cleaning company and she lives by cleaning chrome and stainless steel with baking soda... Let the razor sit in some hot water for about 20 minutes then scrub a little baking soda on it.. It will shine it up pretty nice

fishcrow likes this.
  6. 2005xfr

2005xfr Active Member

If you want really shiny after Scrubbing Bubbles...
    Use Nevr-Dull it's great for Brass, Gold, Silver, Copper, Pewter, Nickel, Zinc, Chromium and Aluminum!
    I got mine at Wally World... under $5.

It's a wadding with the polish infused in it so there's nothing to spill.
    Just tear off a small piece and rub your razor for a while.
    I think you'll be impressed.

You may have to hide it too!

gregindallas likes this.
  7. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Thanks for the suggestion. I currently use MAAS metal polish. Nevr-Dull sounds like a good alternative.

8. AABCDS

AABCDS Member

Scrubbing Bubbles is great. I used my polished chrome Futur infrequently since 2004 and had never cleaned it until this year with Scrubbing Bubbles. The thing looked brand new.

9. fatkid

fatkid Well-Known Member

It took some of the plating off my fatboy. But its clean:)