Coffee?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by burnWood, Apr 5, 2012.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I don't drink instant on principle. But, having been in Eastern Europe a couple times (where instant seemed to be the rage), I can say that the best instant I've had was the stuff they imported from Germany. It really was quite good.

Enrico, sdguero and wristwatchb like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Here's how I like mine.
    coffee2.jpg coffee.jpg

3. richgem

Enrico, Terry and Paul Turner like this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

hmmm...
    Don't think my little stove top popper could handle the volume.

5. richgem

:(

6. riffin

riffin Active Member

Check out JustCoffee.coop. They can probably make a roast/blend you'd be happy to put the TSD brand on. They did it for Marc Maron's podcast, WTF.

7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Well, la de da! :rofl:

richgem likes this.
  8. richgem

:p

wristwatchb likes this.
  9. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Great way to start a chilly (24 degrees) North shore Lake Tahoe Cabin morning. Sweet, smooth dark roast with a touch of chocolate. Brewed on an old Mr. Coffee.
    [​IMG]

Enrico, Paul Turner and sdguero like this.
  10. richgem

Oooooo.... They have a page called "Coffee Talk." Now, where's Linda Richman when you need her?!
    (with apologies that Roseann Barr, on the right, is really awful in this skit.) That's Madonna in the middle, btw.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    Frijolero likes this.
  11. richgem

Queen of Blades likes this.
  12. richgem

13. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

It's better for you too.

Clayton

Paul Turner likes this.
  14. CaseyS

CaseyS Active Member

I’m not a coffee snob (my daily morning brew is Pilon or Bustelo instant) but I do like good coffee. However, 23 years in the Army teaches you that hot and black beats nothing any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Frijolero and Terry like this.
  15. richgem

Funny enough, my grandfather stopped drinking coffee because of the Army. He served in WW II and, as the story goes, whoever it was that made the coffee would use his own dirty t-shirts as the coffee filter.

Frijolero and CaseyS like this.
  16. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I actually believe that. My grandfather was in the Philippines with the 1st Cavalry when they took them back, and he told me of times when the only water they even had was from squeezing mud through whatever the thinnest fabric was that they could find. I don’t remember the percentage, but it was like three fourths of their regiment had malaria when they were finally relieved.

17. Gobucks

Gobucks Member

For my money Traders Joes a cup of joes its the best value. 4.99 best low price coffee out there.

18. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I just made the best carafe of french press coffee I've ever made and realize I wasted a few years when I could easily have seen the video on that You of the site Tube. I've been making somewhat bitter french press, until today. What I did differently was to measure out the coffee and water in the proper ratio (1:15), took the grinds off the top after steeping for 4 minutes, let it sit for another 5 minutes and then did NOT plunge the press down and instead simply poured the coffee into the cup using the press as a filter. The result was sweet smooth yet strong coffee just how I like it. No bitterness at all. Very few fines. Just deliciousness. Looking forward to tweaking things further as I become more comfortable playing with the ratios. Yum.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  19. Mr Two Bits

Mr Two Bits Well-Known Member

A8843341-B605-4645-B5F0-B59693E87CBF.jpeg If there is finer coffee on this planet, I couldn’t imagine what it would be. Ruiz is simply the best I’ve ever tasted. Unavailable in America but I have a friend in Panama who sends me bags.

Frijolero likes this.
  20. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

I usually use Aldi's German Mild Roast with a spoon of Chicory added .I make it about 3/4 strength and after I add milk I end up with half-caff so I can drink 2-3 mugs before lunch and not be over-caffed.

Frijolero likes this.