Cold lather and not menthol

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Single Wedge, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

I received my samples on Saturday :D. Thanks Joanna.

I broke out the lime. If my tongue was long enough I would have broken out the tequila and licked my face. Good stuff.

Anyway. I decided to face lather as it is what I prefer. But I could not get the brush or the soap up to temp despite soaking the brush.

Do I need to place an order to Mosstown?

2. Will

Will Nevermind

Hot water soak for brush
    Hot water on face to start
    Run a little hot water on the brush base half way though lathering

No problems.

3. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I usually put my brush into soak before I shower. I use water that it almost scolding. Hot enough to steam and I can only keep my hand in it for a second. Ten minutes of showering later and the water has cooled off just enough and I take the brush out and start face lathering after a few shakes. Sure, it gets to room temp by the time I'm done but its certainly not cold. Also, make sure your using nice and hot water to rinse your face between passes, as it'll warm up the lather a little bit each time you lather up.

4. KenS

KenS New Member

I've found that with both Sienna and Proraso (in the tub) that cool water will give me a good shave and is pleasant in hot weather.
    For the record; I do use hot water most of the time.

5. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Thanks I'll give it a try again tomorrow.

6. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Not using warm to hot water pretty much takes the entire point out of prepping. You use the hot water to soften the hairs, open your pores, cause the hairs to extend further out of their follicles, etc. Once that cold water touches your face the hairs retract back into the follicles, your pores close up tight, etc. I personally wouldn't suggest using anything colder than room temp water, but wouldnt really suggest that either. As always, YMMV

7. The Chebb

The Chebb New Member

+1 . Add a nice warm/hot towel to that mix and your hairs will be BBS :D ready to be whacked.

8. OldFashioned

OldFashioned New Member