Cold River Soap Works Glide - 1st Impressions

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Sniper1, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Sniper1

Sniper1 Member

Glide is a unique soap with performance that is stellar, especially in slickness, residual slickness and the QUALITY of post shave.

I consider this to be more of a cream although CRSW does call it a cream soap. I can load easily enough from the tub but I use a light hand. A 30 second load is sufficient to pick up enough product for a 3 pass shave. I followed the CRSW instruction and used a very dry brush and worked the paste into my whiskers. The consistency and appearance of this lather is so different, shiny and wet looking while remaining thick. I prefer a thinner lather as opposed to a big fluffy so I resisted the temptation to keep adding water.

This stuff is super slick! Easily the slickest soap I've ever used. Rinsing my face off between passes was an experience of itself. You can feel the residual slickness. If you have ever struggled to understand residual slickness, this is the definition.

Post shave is excellent, easily hanging with the king of post shave Nuavia. Not greasy or heavy, just soft, irritation free face feel.

The scent I ordered is Olfactory Hue an oud and other wood blend. Really well done and in my Top 5 scents already. Scent strength I would rate at about a 5/10. Could be stronger but I was able to enjoy the scent during my shave without it being to 'in your face'.

I was able to order a Madmans Bouquet on the second release and will give a report on that one when I get it. If the performance is the same I'll just concentrate on the scent.

Bobcat, oldcars and Tdmsu like this.
  2. oldcars

oldcars Member

Fantastic soap! Soft soap and almost a cream but easily the slickest soap I've ever used. I have the Madmans since the the other one was sold out but ordered the Olfactory Hue yesterday.

Bobcat likes this.
  3. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

December 16, 2017

Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
    CRSW Glide Olfactory Hue
    Colonial Razors The General with RR Ti
    Feather Pro Super
    Fine Fresh Vetiver
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

[​IMG]

COMPNOR, polishaver and Bobcat like this.
  4. Sniper1

Sniper1 Member

Nice, glad to see some other people trying this soap. It's become my top soap. Got in my Madmans last week. Same excellent performance. I still can't get over how slick this soap is. I think it should be called a cream actually. I like the scent on Madmans but not as much as the OH. I went ahead and ordered the Fragile Confusion yesterday. I should have the whole set by late next week hopefully.