Cold Water Shave

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Metro, May 30, 2012.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Just keep a milk jug full of water in the fridge. A gallon should be enough for a shave.

Leo K. likes this.
  2. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

That's a better idea, thanks for that! Tomorrow it's going to be coooold :Animatedfrozensmily:

3. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Try the ice cubes in a bowl of water next. Soak the brush in it and then use it to wash and rinse your face before and after passes. Nothing better in summer time.

4. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Guys, I've been doing CWS's for awhile. I stopped maybe a month ago. I like lukewarm water better. This was a fun experiment though. I think I can do it out of necessity like when I'm in the field, but if I have access to warm water; I will use it.

5. Paul Hunnisett

Paul Hunnisett New Member

I've used cold water for the last 5 or 6 shaves and I think I'm sold. I haven't noticed a particular improvement in the actual shave, but it's really refreshing and invigorating! Also, having less prep time really helps me. I have fibromyalgia and I find that by the end of a shave I'm struggling somewhat. Any way I can speed up the process without actually rushing is helpful!

That all said, I may not be so keen on cold water shaving when the winter comes!

Heloguy and Leo K. like this.
  6. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

I find myself using cold water every morning now, it is very refreshing and invigorating I agree! Now that it's getting hotter in Tucson I keep cold water in a half gallon milk jug in the fridge, like Steve suggested above. Works like a charm! I especially like how my face feels no irritation when my face sweats in the heat, and stops my face itching too!

Heloguy likes this.